Chapter 36:The Truth about Leslie Alexis

Почніть із самого початку

"Yes I know my father was Knight at Fort St Angelo leaving this letter to find. But I just found just this ancient map underneath one of the benches in .. she interrupted before she could finish

"At the Church of St Leslie right and the name of it was on the back of the letter you have. Tell me is that not a coincidence or not or how you jumped off the balcony at Fort St Angelo to escape from Kenton's Knights. No, I say you meant to be the new GrandMaster not Kenton, here give the map with the quote on it and tell what it means ok," The Curator told her.

Leslie thought for a moment what could she love the Raptor was dead yes. She wanted to go back into the cleaning business and leave the CIA. But then there was this affair she truly didn't a Grandmaster of the Knights of Malta.

"How did you know about the Church of St Leslie, the letter, the map, and Fort St Angelo," Leslie inquired.

The curator didn't say anything for a while but the took map and studied the map and quote closely. He knew the quote well and what it meant he had been to the church of St Leslie before she had been.

"I Know things Leslie I was a knight before Kenton started his civil within the ranks of the Order your father and I had an understanding that Papal request must be protected at all cost Leslie," The curator replied.

"What does that saying on the map suppose to mean," Leslie asked.

"It's old saying that Knights of Malta believed in years ago," The curator said.

"Meaning what," Leslie asked.

"Meaning when the times comes that you ready to decide," The curator told her.

"When the time comes for what," Leslie snapped

"To put an end to the civil within the Order," The curator told her as he slowly walked out of St Paul Cathedral.

As a cleaner she had made a killing in it millions of dollars, from each contract that she did. Now she was faced with the toughest decision she had ever to make. But really what did she know about the Order, very little indeed. Looking at the map

Still, trying to figure out the purpose of it? She liked the idea of the church that grandfather named after her build by the knights. Honestly she had always loved it here she didn't know what it was? What I am supposed to do and how I am supposed to stop a civil war within the Order she thought.

She remembered the first time the Raptor and her had worked together, it was in Iran on time-sensitive target op. Back then he wasn't the even Raptor he was just a navy seal sniper Hugh Lydon. This wasn't her world anymore?

Yes she was grateful that the knight had killed the assassins at Church of St Leslie earlier before she came here. So this Order somehow believed that she was the miracle that they have waited for and what if she wasn't? She still had no answers to her questions.

The map had led her here to St Paul cathedral she glanced at the names on it again. Desperately hoping for some kind of answer to why her. Her father had never told anything about the Order maybe he had to protect for some unknown reason. She looked all the cathedral for that curator but he was nowhere in sight.

What the hell was going on here she wondered first almost been terminated by some assassins at St John cathedral when she was with the Raptor. Then they had tried to scrub her at the for St Angelo and at the church of St Leslie. She was getting pissed.

Leslie strolled out of the cathedral somehow she felt uneasy like she was missing something but? She had the letter now and the map. She walked down the street passing by some people who were talking she couldn't helping to what they were saying.

"Some say the curator at the St Paul cathedral is a Knight or even a ghost the Knights of Malta can only see," A young man remarked.

"Don't be crazy I think the curator is just probably a Knight," an older woman said.

"No I heard he was a legend of the Order a father" The other teenager stated.

"Excuse But I couldn't help listening to what you were saying," Leslie told them.

"It's her," The young man remarked.

"What are you talking about," The older woman asked.

"Duh Leslie de Vallette the granddaughter of Jean de Vallette I heard stories about her that she was legendary," The teenager exclaimed.

"Trust me I'm not legendary," Leslie said.

"Oh but you are you just don't know yet," The older woman said

"What do you mean by that," Leslie asked.

"Everyone thought after your father was killed and you left that you would never come back.

Leslie froze for a second saying nothing but knowing where she had to go now Rome. Maybe all the answers she needed was with Grand Milano and the order. She placed the map into her pocket and headed back towards the Mdina Gate.