Chapter 42: Set it off

Malta, Valletta

Lex's pov.

Walking over to the E Coupe, Lexx noticed the door was ajar and that keys were still ignition. Climbed in and closed the door. I entered a digital number for Director Hamilton's office on the eleventh floor of the CIA. There was no way I was going to let Summer to take fall for the murder of the senator. She had been there for me when I went into the abyss. Now it was my turn.

Driving down some streets and blocks before pulling into the neighborhood where our safe house; Lex still couldn't help thinking about the lady with pitch-black hair, wondering if that was Ruyan. It wouldn't surprise me if she went to work for Kenton. They were both powerful and ruthless people. There wasn't a lot of people out walking which was good. I turned a corner as I drove up onto the driveway of the safe house.

His earpiece chirped. It was Director Hamilton.

"Lex I'm getting pressure to bring down the black market and Kenton from President Roberts, " Director Hamilton stated.

"Madame Director we can't let Summer take the fall for the summer of this senator, she was set up by Mogilevich. We

Need on the team," I exclaimed.

"Lex Section Chief Clayton thinks that Summer gone rogue and wants to bring her in to question; he also wants to disband the Alpha group. He thinks that the group is not good for national security and is a threat," Director Hamilton told me

"How are we threat we stopped the assassination of Presidents and brought the White Nights and are going to bring down the

black market and Kenton. I never heard of this Section Chief Clayton before, honestly, he could be someone pocket or payroll," Lex stated

"Lex be careful he could be out for blood and Don't worry about Summer I make sure that she's doesn't take the fall

for the killing of the senator, Right now she is disavowed

by us so I can't do anything yet but I will soon," Director

Hamilton stated.

Strolling up the sidewalk to the front entrance of the safe house, I entered our ten-digital code that unlocked the door, and entered. I walked in closing the door behind me walking over to the weapons vault in the den. Summer was still on my mind I wondered how her and Olreana made out in St Petersburg. Every agent feared that one would be disavowed if they were caught.

"Don't worry me about Madame Director I'll be careful but if they try to frame for that murder, They have no idea who they are dealing with I Promise you that," Lex exclaimed.

"Lex Goddammit this is serious if you go into the black again Section Chief Clayton could use that to disband the group for and trust me that won't be for you guys," Director Hamiltondemanded.

I knew that Director Hamilton was right, knowing that it wasn't good for us at all we got disbanded. Ventured over to weapons vault and entered the code. The senor turned green as the door opened. Walking in I grabbed my armor off the rack as I slipped over my shirt; it was do or time nor now If Kenton thought he could destroy our group by any means He was mistaken. I wasn't going to let that happen this was going, to be an all-out war that we were going to win by any means.

"Lex we don't know where the black market is and if is guarded by security," Director Hamilton questioned

"Madame Director I think Leslie might know the black market is and if there is security she'll be our best chance," Lex  remarked.

"See if you can recruit her as asset Lex we still know how powerful Kenton is," Director Hamilton stated.

"We know that Kenton's has own his private gallery in here in Malta I'm guessing that he must intel on his clients on his laptop or an encrypted disc," I remarked.

"If he does I'm sure that it not out in the open for us to grab; he could have the encrypted disc in a safe there," Director Hamilton told me.

"Kayleigh was our only chance of getting to Kenton and his private collectors, also I think Ruyan is working for Kenton," I remarked.

"Our intel suggests that Ruyan was Malta but doing what we don't know," Director Hamilton stated.

Le thought for a moment trying to figure out what would Ruyan be doing here for? And if that was her talking to Kenton After Kayleigh had been killed, what could she possibly gain from it; yes the White Nights were destroyed after we had the assassination of President Roberts. I"m sure whatever Ruyan was up to here?

 ended the conversation on my Bluetooth walking out of the weapons vault back into the den. My main concern was now trying to put a cover together for us before we could infiltrate the black market. Lex knew that our legends had to be really good so no hacker could find out that were agents for the CIA.

Every time They did a new operational assignment, The agents had to go over every operation detail so that we knew it in and out. It didn't matter if you were good with a sniper rifle or Semi-automatic pistol; without the details of the op you could be walking into an ambush without knowing what to do expect.

That's why h knew to recruiting, Leslie as an asset for us could pay off for us; plus she knew certain details about the black market that could help them. Now that we knew where one of Kenton's warehouses was Lex starting to put the pieces of this smuggling operation together, it wasn't hard to figure out how they were going to get into the black market.

Once Olreana, Nicky and Summer got back here we would be ready to operate. It wouldn't surprise me that Kenton probably had hired Ruyan for a certain job that he wanted done whatever it was. Still I Lexstrangely had a feeling that the pitch-black hair woman who saw Kayleigh there was something brutal and sinister about her.