Chapter 16 :The Operatives

Monaco

Song Raging Fire Philip Philips

Lex's  pov

Orleana and Lex  exited out of Nicky's hotel room as they ventured down the winding staircase into the marble lobby. The agents sauntered out through the front doors as the doorman opened the doors for us. Lex saw Kayleigh still standing there, there was no doubt in mind that she could be a double agent.

Orleana hailed a taxi as it drove up the circular drive in front of the Hermitage hotel. They climbed as  closed the door.The agent's gut and instincts were telling me that this agent from Malta Security Service knew more she told us.The only that concern  was that what if she had set up them somehow. Although the intel that the agents have gotten from Director Hamilton on Leslie Alexis or de Valletta.Was accurate so who was  she really working for beside the Malta Security Service. Just then my burner in my jacket buzzed. It was Director Hamilton.

Lex  clicked on my Bluetooth earpiece that was connected to my burner and said"Director Hamilton were on are our way to Malta right now"

Laurette said"Lex I just heard from the chief of MI6 he told that Kaleigh Rose partner was Alastair Taylor that was killed by a White Nights assassin after that she went for Malta Security Service and the entity"

he said"Ruyan must have ordered one of her assassins to terminate him"

Laurette said"According to the Intel that I got from It was Ruyan who eliminated him when she was first recruited and trained to be an assassin for Dmitri Petrov"

Lex said"I Thought we took down the White Nights after we stopped the assassination of President Roberts and got her laptop, Although she did escape on a helicopter to who knows where"

The Taxi drove up and parked out of Monaco Heliport that was located in Fontvieille, the southern part of the city. Orleana and I stepped out and paid the driver in Euros. We quickly made our way over to the helipad where the CIA helicopter was waiting for us.

Laurette said"The intel that we got from the Entity suggest that Ruyan could be Rome Lex"

We boarded the helicopter as it lifted up in the sky over the city on our way to Malta.I said"Did you get any intel on where the Raptor and Leslie disappeared too"

Laurette said"Not yet but I have our agents station in Malta and in Rome looking if somethings come they let me know. Right now we need out who this Victor Kenton is, and when you get to Malta meet with Winston Kenneth he's the section chief of MI6 in the British High Commission in Valletta"

Lex said"Okay copy that Will do"

A few seconds later the helicopter landed on the landing pad outside the Malta International Airport. They stepped out walking over to the car rental place and rented an E-Class coupe sedan.  climbed in closing our doors and drove the highway heading into Valletta.

The intel that The agents had gotten from Director Hamilton on Ruyan was interesting, still the question of what she was doing in Rome?The network of assassins known simply as the White Nights had taken down by us and we're out of business. But that didn't mean that Ruyan was. She had survived so long as a foreign operative for the KGB, and that she knew how to stay off the grid. Which got me wondering if she was up to something there.

They pulled up to the British High Commission as we stepped out of the E-Class Coupe and walked up the steps of the baroque brownish building. Orleana looked across at Valletta and was amazed at how beautiful it was. We walked through the front glass doors entering the lobby before we ventured up to the guard at the metal detector.