Chapter 23: Dirty wars and spies

Flashback a couple years ago

Alexandria Virginia

Song Everybody wants to rule the World by Lord

Senator Roberts Pov

Senator Norma Roberts drove down the busy streets of the city on her way to fundraising dinner for her campaign at a Private mansion that belonged to a global consortium; of multinational companies. She didn't know much about them until she asked Director Hamilton to look into them just  to be sure. After all, she running for President of the United States.

What she had found out, was that the global consortium was interested, in every covert operation throughout the world, and that they wanted to profit from the tension and conflicts in the world which, she thought was strange. Although she had sat on the Senate Select Intelligence Committee, she had access to classified intel on everything that was going on in the world today.

As she drove up the street she passed by well-preserved 18th century and 19th buildings and turned onto King Street that was lined with boutiques and specialty shops along the way. The founding fathers had dined at Gadsby's town tavern which was a museum.

She drove up to an old victoria style three bedroom mansion and pulled up along the circular road to the driveway of it. She parked her car climbing out closing the door looking around to see how the place was set up. She noted that ninety limousine parked along the sidewalk.

Whoever and whatever this multinational consortium she figured that they must have a lot of clients or friends. She walked up the sidewalk to the front of the mansion and knocked on the door. A butler strolled over to the front door as he grabbed the door and opened it.

Senator Roberts walked in as she observing all the people walking around and mingling. She quickly spotted The chief of the CIA Tyler Quinn talking to a private defense contractor about something. From what she could make out what they were saying. It was something about funneling money and weapons to foreign fighters.

She ventured over where she was met by the host of the event and owner of the Mansion one Thomas Murdock. He was tall slim with a well leather face wearing a distinguished dark suit with a red tie and American flag pin on his collar of his suit. The expression on his was serious which he was not one to mess with.

Thomas Murdock said"Senator Roberts we been expecting you as you can everyone is here."

She said"Mr.Murdock I looked into your consortium and found out that your interest in covert operations and want to profit from it can you tell why"

He said"It's great for business and our client's tension in the world. You would make a great president one day if you let us fund your campaign for you, and let me introduce to you are major clients who run a private outfit called the White Nights"

Just then Ally Ruyan walked up to Thomas Murdock wearing an elegant and expansive Gucci suit as she lit one of her cigarette's in her hands saying"Darling this is a wonderful evening and event that you put on and who is this"

He said"Senator Roberts I would like to meet Miss Ruyan she can help you with the covert operation in Afghanistan fighting those terrorist"

Ruyan said"My private outfit is fully antiseptic deniable just of them of as your secret army"

Senator Roberts said"What if this backfires on me then and the congress find out tell that miss Ruyan" 

Ruyan said"If it does you will take the fall for it and the blame maybe even impeached, and it won't me and my outfit understand"

Senator wondered what if she had gotten herself into with this global consortium, who were they really all that she knew was that they were interested in her for something and what about this private outfit called the White Nights. Yes she wanted to be the President but at what cost and price. And foremost who was this Thomas Murdock?

Authors note  in this chapter I wanted to show you how President Roberts met Ally Ruyan and maybe how she got elected as the President