Chapter 38:Written in the stars

Song Live like legends by Ruelle

Malta, Valletta

Leslie Pov

Leslie walked over to the Mazda 3 Sport and grabbed the door as she closed his door. She didn't know what she would find out from the Order? But whatever it was one thing sure, maybe it would shed some light on why this map was important? And why they believed she was the one to end the civil war within the ranks?  Nothing had ever been easy for her. Once she found out what she needed to know that it was. She would leave.

Leslie sped down the coastal highway in Mazda 3 Sport to the Malta International Airport. She would catch the first flight to Rome where she would rent another vehicle to drive there. If this map was so important then why hadn't the knight taken it? She arrived at Malta International Airport and parked her vehicle in the parking lot outside. Climbing, out she closed the door.

She ventured into the Airport strolling over to the airline ticket counter to her purpose her ticket to board the flight to Rome. She took the escalator up to the departure gate. After that she went through security and was cleared. She walked over to the seating area and sat down and waited to board her flight.

The last time she had seen her father was before he was killed by Victor Kenton. Just thinking about it brought tears to her eyes. Leslie noticed that people were getting up after they heard the boarding call to board their flight. Leslie slowly rose from where she sat and blended into the crowd of people.

After that she quickly boarded the flight walking up the aisle to her seat and sat down. In an hour so she would be landing in Rome. She didn't know if Kenton had any of his knights in Rome, so she would have to be careful. She still wished that the Raptor was with her just in case one of the assassins from the knights of the Hospitallers tried to kill her. But she was own on her now.

The airliner roared down the tarmac lifting into the sky Leslie looked out the window and wondered what her father and grandfather got her involved in? 

She remembered what the teenager had said to her about everyone, thought after her father was killed that she wouldn't return. How was she so important to everyone there?

Leslie walked down the terminal taking the escalator down to the customs area. The line was long but moving quickly. After a while she made way over to the customs booth. The customs officer motioned her to give him her passport. She did so.

The customs officer flipped open her passport and looked up at her. Leslie didn't know much about her or what he did. She remembered his words to her.

"Sweetie in future you understand what I did for you when the time comes and what know you to do," he had told her.

"Business or pleasure Miss Alexis," the customs officer questioned.

" A little of both," Leslie remarked.

The customs officer handed back her passport, Leslie grabbed it from him heading into the main part of the Airport. After that she had quickly spotted a car rental counter along the way. Walking over there Leslie had noticed that were people rushing to their catch their flights. The clerk suddenly looked up, seeing her standing at the counter.

"How can help you, Miss," the clerk asked.

"Yes, I would like to rent of one of your vehicles, please," Leslie stated.

" What kind of vehicle would you like to rent Miss," the clerk asked.

" I would like to rent KIA Sorento, please," Leslie remarked.

The clerk strolled into a back room, grabbing the door as he walked in. Next he snatched one of the keys off the rack and ventured back out and closed the door behind him. He went over to the counter and handed her the keys. Leslie took the keys from him heading out through the front doors and made her way over to the rental parking lot outside.