Chapter 51:Uncovering the traitor

CIA headquarters

Director Hamilton Pov:

Director Hamilton rose from her desk in her office, on the eleventh floor. She paced back and forth, trying to figure out how she would to prove that section chief Conrad Clayton was a mole who had been working for Kenton all this time. She was sure that he had covered his tracks so that nothing lead back to Kenton. But there was always something that she knew, an offshore bank account maybe or even plane ticketHe might have purchased.

All she had do to was just find it. Like a needle in a haystack it wasn't going to be that easy? He had messed with the wrong chief of the CIA, and Director of National intelligence. And now she was going to do what she did best. which, was go after traitors who were willing to sell out the CIA and their country for money.

It didn't surprise her at all that maybe even he wanted to discredit her as the chief of the CIA. That was nothing but it came to the Alpha group that she and President Roberts had created. It was then that she knew he had to be stopped for good.

After a while she sat back down in her chair behind her desk, typed in her password on the screen in the password slot. A few minutes later the screen flashed onto. She scrolled up to Section chief Conrad Clayton file and clicked on it. It flashed on the screen.

She scrolled down the file until she came to his phone records. She froze for a second, thinking of what she wasgoing to find out. Then she clicked on the phone records as they came onto the screen. There were a bunch of calls to a private gallery in Malta called the Hospitaller Gallery. She knew all to know who that gallery belonged to Victor Kenton

So Kenton had deep pockets that would how he had set up Summer to take the fall for the murder of Senator Shane Howard. Well, she had the full resources of the CIA at her command. And she would use every one of her agents to bring him and section chief Clayton down for good. 

There wasn't any doubt in her mind that her own section chief had been double dealing behind her back with Kenton. This made her furious and now she was pissed. She exited out the phone records and scrolled down the bank statement.

She clicked on the file that brought up his bank statement; she froze for a second glaring at the twelve million dollars that had deposited into his one offshore banks accounts. Guessing it had to be Zurich or Panama she knew the banks there would never divillege their clients names. And since a lots of banks there were used to launder money for Terrorist, spies,assassins, drug cartels and Various Intelligences services around the world.

It would make perfect sense that he had would have an offshore bank account in Panama. She supposes she could send one of her agents there to see what they could find out it. Maybe they could get the bank owner to talk if they mentioned that it was a matter of national security.

She wondered how long Clayton had been working for Kenton before? Knowing men like Kenton had connections to powerful didn't scare her one bit or make her nervous. No, she hadsurvived this long as the Director of National intelligence, and even before she was a field agent.

There was saying old saying in the spy business that she had went by that was.

"This is a war It's graphic and unpleasant"

That was very true she had come out of the fire still alive and more stronger. But this time her gut and instinct were telling her thatshe was going to win this war after all pretty soon she would have the proof to that she needed toexpose her own section chief for the traitor that he was!The one thing she had learned as field agent was there that secrets and lies hidden within the shadows.

Yes she would risk it all to bring down Kenton and his mole for good. She had figured it out when he had sent the email wanting her to disband the ALpha Group for good after Summer had been framed for murder. There was nothing she wouldn't dodo in her power to protect the Alpha group. Either if it meant going to war.

The Merchant of the Black Market, A Lex Jackson thriller: Book twoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें