Chapter 54: Walking through the fire

Tulon, France

Alpha Group Pov:

The CIA Gulfstream descended the sky as it roared onto the private airfield. I glanced out the window, knowing what they could face once the agents got to the black market. Remembering What Leslie had said to us about how tight the security would be. We all knew what was at risk here. And how important it was to make sure those paintings and relics never got sold to private collectors. We rose from where sitting, strolled down the aisle, and exited the aircraft.

Scanning the area for a few more minutes, Lex identified four or five men. All were armed with MP5 submachines clutched in their grip. My instincts were sharp as ever now, I could tell that they were professional by the way they held their weapons. Probably hired mercenaries was my guess.

Just then a helicopter landed on the private airfield. The door on it swung open as Summer climbed out with her sniper rifle clutched in her grip. She strolled over to us before we climbed into the GMCs as the armed men grabbed the door for us to get in.

"Lex, I ran the woman you sent me a photograph through the NICI, and I got a match. Her name is Azalea Elizabeth Grey, she's a free-lance assassin," Nicky said in a curious tone.

"I"m guessing that she's Kenton's chief of security for the black mark," Lex remarked.

The armed men stepped into the driver-side of the GMC while the other guy climbed into the passenger seat on the other side, as he glanced at me probably trying to figure out if I was really a collector or not. Summer had placed her Knight SR-25 Sniper rifle I was pretty sure that these armed men knew that no collectors would ever have a sniper rifle with them. I quickly a glimpse of the man fingering the trigger; he looked nervous.

As The agents drove out of Rivera Resort town in the GMCs into the countryside on the winding road. Leslie stared out the window at the amazing Mediterranean coast, this was her kind of place. She could imagine herself living here with all the money she made from being a cleaner. There wasn't any doubt on mind her that this was going to risky and dicey.

Although They had stopped and destroyed the smuggling operation that had been run by the Sandino family and Semion Mogilievich, there was still the threat of the black market that we had to stop from happening. Lex had a bad feeling that we would walk into a Shootout that we would win.

Driving into the village passing some by cafe terraces, shops, and restaurants along the way to the castle Orleana pondered the reason why Kenton had chosen this village for the black market was because no one paid attention to anything, they just did their own.

Pulling up to the pathway along the castle The armed men climbed out of the driver-side and the passenger side of the GMC before grabbing the door for us. Stepping, I observed a bunch of armed men with weapons in their grip, the expression on their faces was dead serious.

Summer climbed after me strolling over to the back to grab her sniper rifle, she carefully took in the snipers on the castle rooftop, she figured that they were probably RussianSpetsnaz snipers. The armed men led us up the pathway to the castle's front entrance.

Nicky noticed that the door was ajar entering the corridor of the castle seeing Kenton's dead body laying on the ground. Her eyes darted back and forth as she took in all the containers, she guessed they were probably for the paintings and relics.

"Looks like someone beat us to Kenton, My guess is it would be his chief of security," Lex said.

Summer walked across to the street, to one of the shops that had a good view for overwatch for shooters on the rooftop of the castle. She had found a ladder leading up to the rooftop, climbing up the ladder with one while still holding her sniper rifle in the other hand. Tossing the rifle up first and jumped onto the ledge, grabbing the rifle. Walking over to her perch and lay in the prone position.