26. Party [Part Seven]

When Ludwig and Feliciano went upstairs, the majority of the party guests were drunk and wild. It was about 10 pm now and Ludwig was worried that the music was loud enough to get noise complaints any time soon. He wasn't looking forward to the cops coming and ruining everything.

He found the Bad Touch Trio reunited, Gilbert back to his usual, confident attitude. Pretending nothing had happened down in the basement. And the same was with Alfred and Kiku, who were getting more drinks and talking casually. It drove Ludwig slightly mad. He was stuck with the burden of knowing they're soulmates and he couldn't do much about it.

He looked down at his own arms, even if he knew there would be nothing there, as Blue and him promised. He felt weird about it. Blue had no idea Ludwig was his soulmate. Would he ever find out who Blue is? And if he did, what was he going to do about it?

His thoughts were interrupted when he looked up, and saw the band set up and the guests gathered once again. Ludwig and a Feliciano huddles close to each other, noticing that there was somehow even more people than before, making the space more crowded. The two tried to get through the crowd to be able to see, although Ludwig didn't mind and would have actually preferred to be at outside the crowd. But because Feliciano was shorter than him and was excited to see the performance, Ludwig grabbed onto his hand, to not lose him as Ludwig guided them through the wave of people and helped him get a closer view in the front. Even if they were at a perfect place, Ludwig did not let go of Feliciano's hand.

Gilbert spoke into the microphone, "Okay, okay! We have a very special request to sing this stupid song by a very special and stupid person. This song was dedicated to Kiku Honda. Where's the little shit hiding at?"

Everybody's eyes were directed to the kitchen area where Kiku and Alfred's conversation were interrupted by the announcement. It took a moment for Kiku to realize the were talking about him, "...What?"

"Yeah, you!" Gilbert pointed him out and signaled him to come closer, "Come here on stage!"

Hesitant, and slightly scared, he squeezed through the crowd and with Antonio's help, he got up on stage where Gilbert leaned towards him, "How's the party so far, Mr.Honda"

Gilbert pointed the microphone towards him. Kiku, concerned, gave him a side glance, "Uh... Eventful, that's for sure. Why am I up here?"

"Some requested this song to be dedicated to you, duh," Gilbert explained again, "Have any guesses who it might be?"

Kiku looked around the crowd and realized immediately that Alfred was missing, "I have somewhat of an idea..."

"Well, it will be pretty obvious once you hear it. Everyone, feel free to sing along if you know it!"

As soon as the first few notes hit, the crowd recognized it, especially Kiku, who immediately cringed as he heard the melody.

"You are... my fire..." Gilbert sang, "My one... desire... believe, when I say... I want it that way"

Kiku shook his head, embarrassed and trying not to let it show that he was enjoying the song. The drunken crowd sang along with Antonio, "But we... are two worlds apart... can't reach into your heart... when you say... I want it that way!"

"TELL ME WHY!" The crowd screamed-sang but Kiku jumped as he was startled by a voice behind him. Alfred had climbed onto the stage, with a microphone in hand and singing to him. Kiku groaned, trying not to laugh as the American teen continued to dramatically serenade, "AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A HEARTACHE!"

"TELL ME WHY!"  Kiku hid his blushing and flustered face with his hands, not wanting to witness the absurdity Alfred had done. But his wide smile as he giggled said everything, "AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A MISTAKE!"