18. Permission

Ludwig's next class was science. Although he would be happy to be in the class with Feliciano, that meant he wouldn't be able to to write on himself without getting asked questions and because his father would be there as well and he gets furious when students seem to be distracted.

He noticed Feliciano was already in his seat and he immediately went towards him. He sat down rather quickly on the right of Feliciano, which caused him to actually brush his shoulder against his and a Feliciano flinched, "ouch!"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" Feliciano shrugged it off with a smile, "I just randomly felt a sharp pain on my shoulder since this morning. As if I had a harsh impact against something. I think it's a bruise or something from the soccer practice but I don't know. I don't remember hitting my shoulder. But then again, I'm clumsy. Or maybe it was during the soccer practice?"

"That's weird..." Ludwig said to himself, as he remembered his own pained shoulder.

The class started and Mr. Vargas started his lecture. Ludwig took notes, but he was tempted to look down on his arms to see if the other person had wrote anything back. He was scared that if he doesn't reply, he'll miss something important. He tried to focus on the class, but he was distracted. His eyes trailed off to Feliciano's notebook, where it was obvious that Feliciano was not paying attention, rather writing something down.

"What are you doing?" Ludwig whispered.

"I got inspired for my poem for Mrs. Braginsky's class," Feliciano showed him the notebook, "I decided to take your advice. To keep the original part, I mean, despite Lovino's opinion. And I got other help with writing too so I think I'll keep working on it"

Ludwig read the second verse that Feliciano wrote messily.

"Pardon the way that I stare, there's nothing else to compare, the sight of you makes me weak, there's no words left to speak..."

For some reason, Ludwig felt as if it was familiar. But he ignored that feeling and looked back at his friend, "It's good. Very good. But you didn't add any of the words from your list for the assignment"

"I know, hehe... but it's a personal poem. I want to write what I'm feeling,"

"Oh..." Ludwig responded, not knowing why his heart twist at the thought of Feliciano thinking about someone else and writing a beautiful poem like this, "I can tell... thanks for letting me read it"

Feliciano nodded, bashfully and asked, "What about yours? Have you decided what you're gonna write about?"

Ludwig stared at Feliciano, who was completely unaware of the feelings he gave him, and sadly smiled, "Yeah... it's personal,"

"Oh" It was Feliciano's turn to not know how to respond, "Have you written anything yet?"

Ludwig shrugged, "Just a few lines. I'm not sure what to feel about it"

"Can I read it? When it's done?"

Ludwig nodded, "We're gonna have to read it in front of the class anyways"

"Oh, I forgot about that!..." Feliciano nervously chuckled, which then turned into quiet thinking.

"Feli?" Ludwig noticed the change in expression, "Are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah!" Feliciano smiled and scribbled on his notebook, "I guess I was surprised that I forgot that I will have to read my personal poem that's corny and silly in front a bunch of people who'll probably make fun of it and I'll mess up and it's gonna be horrible and-"

"Feli" Ludwig stopped Feliciano's ranting, casually holding his hand that gripped on the pen too tightly, "Are you... are you scared of presenting in class?"