1. Normal Day So Far

Yes, the same old routine.

Ludwig didn't really like to break it after getting used to it. He was a really organized boy who always followed the rules. Being one month into the school year, he had already gotten the routine down.

He always woke up around 7:00 am to get ready for school, make sure to get his backpack ready, and make sure to have time to eat at least something. He had to make sure to also wake up his older brother, Gilbert, and keep him on track so they wouldn't be late.

"Gilbert, hurry up! I told you to get dress 15 minutes ago!"

"I am!"

"You're missing your socks, Gilbert!"

"Aha! But that is where you are wrong, little bro! I have one of my socks on! I just can't find the other..."

"Ugh... Gilbert..." Ludwig thought as he waited downstairs. He sat down on the table and noticed Gilbert's phone had a message notice.

Awesome Spanish Dude: Hey Gil! Francis and I are waiting for you around the block! :)

Ludwig shook his head and yelled back towards the stairs, "Gilbert! You should have told me that we were gonna pick up your friends! I would have woken you up sooner!"

"But then I wouldn't have my 8 hours of sleep!"

Gilbert started heading down stairs and shook Ludwig's hair before grabbing an apple, "Since when did you start using to push your hair back like that?"

Ludwig fixed his hair before looking at Gilbert who was scrolling through his phone, "Since people kept saying I look like you... Which by the way, why do you look like crap?"

"Hey, language" Gilbert scolded before noticing he spilt the orange juice he just poured himself, "Ah, shit,"

Ludwig rolled his eyes, "When did you fell asleep last night?"

"... Certainly not 1 am... More like 2 or 3" the older brother responded while wiping the mess and drinking what was leftover of his drink.

"I still can't believe you managed to get to Senior year..."

"Hey! Let's just go now! We need to pick up Francis and Antonio"

Gilbert grabbed his backpack and Ludwig followed behind.

Ludwig couldn't believe that even if he was a Junior and younger than Gilbert, he had to make sure Gilbert got ready. It has been this way since Ludwig started Elementary school. Since their parents worked early and come home late, they're almost never around. Gilbert made a good job taking care of little brother and even then he exceeded Gilbert's skills of being responsible. Gilbert was proud of him but wished that the 16 year old would relax and have fun once in a while.

Gilbert hopped in his car and Ludwig followed and sat in the passenger side. Before Ludwig can put on the seatbelt, the older brother sent the car in reverse out of the parkway and quickly went forward onto the street, almost making Ludwig go forward, "Gilbert!"

"Oh come on, Luddy. Don't be so scared of a little speed!"

Ludwig sighed in relief as they slowed down as they got close to a stop sign. Right next to them, seniors Antonio Fernandez Carriedo and Francis Bonnefoy waited, "What took you so long?"

"The idiot took too long looking for a sock," Ludwig, annoyed, replied.

"Aw, someone is grumpy today," Francis teased as he hopped onto the car, followed by Antonio, "Good morning to you, Mini Gilbert,"

"We don't look alike," Ludwig argued.

"Yeah, Gilbert looks like he's been stuck in a snowstorm," Antonio joked, "Or an old man with his gray hairs"

"Hey, it's silver,"

"Anyways, why does Ludwig look like he actually put some effort in his look," Francis leaned over to try to see what was different.

"Luddy is naturally handsome like me. All he did was gel up his hair,"

"Ooh," Francis smirked, "Trying to impress a gal, Lud?"

"Ludwig," the boy corrected, "And no. I just wanted to do something different for once,"

"In that case, take off your glasses when you're at it," Francis swiftly snatched Ludwig's glasses off, "You don't need them anyways, since they're just reading glasses. I guess they do make you look like an intellectual but I think the bad boy style would suit you more,"

"Pft," Gilbert scoffed, "The only bad thing the kid has done was not recycle hiswater bottle that one time,"

Gilbert swerved into the parking lot of the highschoolt  and braked rather not soothingly and parked the car.

"Remind me why we let you drive, amigo?"

"Cause One, I am the only one with my own car. Two, I have the most awesome car," Gilbert answered and hopped off the car, "And Three, you three haven't passed your driving test cause you are not as awesome as I am,"

The group started heading inside the building, letting Ludwig fall behind. As he expected, he was later accompanied by his only other friend, Kiku Honda, who usually walked with him to their 1st period. What made their friendship pleasant was the fact that they both don't really talk much but enjoy each other's presence and make each other feel less lonely.

"You're not wearing your glasses?" Kiku pointed out as Ludwig expected he would.

"The french one took it,"

"Mr. Beilschmidt?" A young woman called out. It was the principal of the school, Mrs. Terra. She looked like any regular teacher, wearing formal suit and a tight bun, but was actually very relax and cheerful. Some would say she was too cheerful at times, "Can I have a word with you?"

Ludwig glanced at Kiku, who shrugged, "I'll see you at Lunch. I'll just be with Alfred if you need me,"

Kiku waved goodbye and Ludwig watched him head towards the American boy who gladly started a conversation with him. He knew Kiku and Alfred had been getting along together more lately, which was good for Kiku as he became less isolated and more social. But that left Ludwig becoming more distant and alone at most times.  Ludwig wasn't as good as others at keeping up with conversations with people he barely knows. It took a while for him to get comfortable around new people and surroundings. He was known as 'Gilbert's quiet little brother' his whole life.

So it surprised him when Mrs. Terra asked for him in particular, "I know this is last minute but I need volunteers to show new students around the school. Since you have good grades and all, I've told your teachers you can be excused,"

Ludwig sighed and tried not to let his 'I really don't want to do this' face show. But he could never say no to anyone authority figure he respected, "Sure..."

"Great!" Mrs. Terra smiled, "Follow me!"

Reluctantly, he did.

___________________________

A/N:

I had this in my drafts since two years ago and I suddenly had an urge to write it and so it will be regularly updated now.

So I guess I'm writing like 9 fanfics at a time cause I have no self control.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you continue reading! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see ya next update!