4. Lunch

It was lunch time where the real chaos started to happen. At least in Ludwig's point of view.

"And this is the cafeteria," Emma took role as guide since neither Antonio or Ludwig was explaining anything like they were supposed to. It was a large area and although it wasn't shiny clean, it was better than most schools, "And just in time!"

Students started to pour in and form a file, waiting to see what bland food they will be getting today.

"Oh great!" Feliciano exclaimed, "I was getting hungry! Do they have pasta?"

Feliciano was disappointed when he got in line and there was in fact, no pasta.

The whole group decided it was best to sit together before the seats get taken. It was weird for Ludwig as usually, he would be sitting alone or across from Kiku. Recently, he would sit from across Kiku while his friend talked to Alfred.

It's not that he wasn't by his older brother either; Gilbert would happily let him eat together. But he didn't feel like being hit with slop by the three soon to be 18 year olds or have everyone in the cafeteria stare at them when they start sing-yelling random profanities or gossip loudly.

"This pizza taste like cardboard..." Feliciano whined as he took a bite.

"I forgot how nasty American food is..." The older brother muttered as he stabbed the food with the spork.

"Hey, it's not that bad!" A newcomer's voice yelled from across the cafeteria. Ludwig groaned when he saw it was Alfred F. Jones, who had his arm around Kiku and they were now walking towards them, "Hey, I don't think I know you. Y'all are Freshmen?"

"We are not Freshmen," Lovino glared at the newcomer, "Who the fuck are you?"

Before Alfred could answer obnoxiously, Ludwig answered, "This is my friend Kiku and that's Alfred,"

"Hi! I'm Feliciano!" The excited Italian introduced himself, "My brothers and I came from Italy! It's nice to meet Ludwig's friends!"

"Cool! I like your accent, dude!"

It wasn't that Ludwig disliked Alfred. In fact, he admired how the American boy managed to be so outgoing and confident. He just hated the fact that Kiku found him more interesting. But then again, everybody does. He didn't mind at first, but seeing him talk to Feliciano made his heart drop in fear. Fear that Feliciano would realize how boring and dull he is and how different he was from his childhood. Feliciano could do so much better than be friends with him.

"Hey, do you play soccer?" Alfred's question towards Feliciano made Ludwig become focus on the conversation.

"I did when I was little,"

"Great!" Alfred smiled, "We need people for the team! Maybe you and your brothers can try out,"

"Pfft," Lovino scoffed, "I can't remember the last time I volunteered to exercise,"

Gilbert chuckled and muttered under his breath, "We can tell,"

This was when the real chaos began.

Because Lovino have had it and decided to put the cardboard pizza to good use by throwing it onto Gilbert's face. There was an intense silence as everyone watched Gilbert wiped off the tomato sauce off his eyes. Everybody expected those red eyes to glare in anger, but instead he smiled maliciously before grabbing his plate of tasteless mashed potatoes.

This was when Ludwig and Kiku made eye contact and decided to shove themselves under the tables and so did a few other students with common sense. Because sure enough, the food fight had become a school-wide mess. It started for spread as food accidentally hit other groups of people who had nothing to do with it.

Feliciano started to duck under the table when a plate almost hit him. He laughed nervously as he faced Ludwig and Kiku from the other side, "I've forgotten how exciting and weird American schools can get..."

___________________________

It took a new record of ten minutes for the food fight to be settled with the principal passive aggressively giving a talk about respect of the school space and had people 'volunteer' to clean up.

Unfortunately, Ludwig was one of those people, along with the entire group excluding Alfred and Kiku, who got lucky. He muttered under his breath about how childish students and their recklessness always put the wrong people in trouble. He was handed a trash bag and gloves like the rest and started from a corner, unsticking a slice of pizza from the wall.

A couple minutes later, some progress was made and most of it was cleared out. It was only a matter of mopping and sweeping the leftovers. Then, the bell rang and everybody rushed to dump their trash and go home, as Wednesday were their early release day. Ms. Terra encouraged students to stay, but most of them were gone by then. Only Gilbert, Francis, Antonio, Lovino, Feliciano, and Ludwig stayed.

Gilbert, and Lovino were forced to stay, due to it was their fault for starting the food fight. Antonio and Francis stayed because Gilbert was their ride back home. Emma and Romeo were the only ones of the group that got lucky. And Ludwig wanted to tell Feliciano that they could go out to eat better pizza at a restaurant near by, but even if he did managed to get the courage to do so, Feliciano had already volunteered to help clean. Ludwig, not wanting to look rude, followed his friend's action.

"This is probably a bad first impression on the school, isn't?"

"More like a bad first impression on Lovino," Feliciano chuckled, glancing at his brother who was yelling at Antonio who kept poking him with the broom, "He usually isn't this aggressive, to be honest. He's still upset that we left Italy"

"Are you upset you left?" Ludwig couldn't help but ask.

Feliciano thought for a moment before answering, "I was. But I'm determined to make the best of it! And knowing you'll be here, I couldn't be happier!"

With a bright smile, Feliciano Vargas managed to leave Ludwig breathless and with a racing heart. And upon realization of this, Ludwig was terrified.

__________________________

A/N

I'll try to make the next chapter a little longer cause soulmate part is cominggggggg

Yee yee

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see y'all next update!