14. Detention

"What the hell do you mean you got detention?!" Gilbert asked with a mouthful of bland lunch food.

Ludwig shrugged, "Feli's dad caught me running in the hall during class and without a hall pass,"

"Wow, our little Luddy is becoming a bad boy, I see," Francis responded.

"That seems a little harsh," Antonio said, "I've only meet him once but he is nothing like Feliciano. Lovino, on the other hand..."

"Yeah," Gilbert chuckled, "They're both assholes-"

"Who are we talking about?" A voice came from behind Ludwig, which the Junior turned around to see it was the Italian brothers taking their seat on the table.

"Uh, climate change,"

The brothers didn't question it and sat down.

"What were you in a hurry for anyways?" Francis asked.

"Oh, uh" Ludwig stammered and subconsciously looked at his arms. His sweatshirt sleeves were down, and by now, most of the doodles were washed away by its creator. He glanced at the other's arms. All of them had short sleeves with the exception of Gilbert and Feliciano. So far, it seemed like no one else was effected by the odd phenomenon, "Class was ending soon and I had to get my things,"

"Well that sucks," Gilbert scoffed, "Do you think you can walk home today, bud? I'm going to Antonio's after class so I don't know if I can pick you up"

"It's fine. I can walk" Ludwig sighed.

Francis leaned over to Ludwig and whispered, "Hey, mon ami, can you do me a favor?"

Ludwig looked up at him. Francis looked around to see Gilbert, Antonio, Lovino, and Feliciano talking to each other. Then he placed a peace of paper down the table and slid it towards Ludwig, "Can you give this to Arthur in detention?"

Ludwig almost made a disgusted face until Francis stopped him, "Don't you dare,"

Ludwig groaned, "Fine. Not like I want to know what gross things you say to each other in silly love letters"

Francis glared, his face turning slightly red, "They're not love letters"

"Whatever," Ludwig mumbled and shoved the folded note down his pocket, "What did he get detention for?"

"He ditch class like an idiot," Francis sighed, "Hopefully it will be the last time. And you too, Ludwig. Detention's not fun"
________________________________

"Alright," Mr. Adnan, the Vice Principal, sat down in the desk of the small classroom, "Y'all are here for a reason so sit down, be quiet, and reflect. Y'all know the drill by now,"

Francis was right. Detention was not fun. Not like he expected it to be. There were a couple few other students, all which Ludwig didn't recognize. They all sat quietly, some already out there head down and slept. Was this all they do?

Mr. Adnan pulled out his phone and headphones and started to watch Netflix. It didn't take longer than five minutes for him to close his eyes and start snoring. As soon as he did, the students turned towards each other and started chattering or using their phone. Ludwig simply sat in a corner alone. He searched the room and saw Arthur hidden away in the other side of the room's corner. He was listening to music and scrolling through his phone, not paying attention to his surroundings.

Ludwig remembered the note that was in his pocket and quietly stood up and headed towards the senior. He stood in front of his desk. At first, the British teen didn't seem to notice him. But he occasionally glanced up and he and sighed in annoyance, seeing that Ludwig wouldn't leave. He took off his right ear bud and frowned, "What"

Ludwig simply handed him the note, "Francis told me to give this to you"

Arthur sat up and quickly took the paper from Ludwig. He looked at him once more before turning away to the wall, peeking into the letter. Ludwig couldn't really read what was written, although he wouldn't dare to invade their privacy. But he could see Arthur's mouth curve into a smile. A rare thing to see from him.

It took him a while, after reading the message, to see that Ludwig was still standing in front of him. He frowned, trying to hide the rosy blush that appeared across his face and stuffed away the note, "Now what?"

"Oh, uh" Ludwig subconsciously started to talk. He was curious, "You say you do magic?..."

Arthur looked at him up and down as if he was examining him. Arthur was considered a weird guy. He would sometimes dress like the old British man his personality matches or in his punk rock apparel. There was no in between. And in either style, many considered him rude and isolated. Which is why everyone was surprised that Francis, one of Heta Highschool's most popular kid, was genuinely close to him and enjoyed his company. He was also president of the so-called magic club. Gilbert says that they do is role play and play games like dungeons and dragons but there are rumors that the trio actually do perform and study witchcraft and if they are in good terms with you, they might do you a favor. And with Ludwig's current situation of magical doodles and a mystery conversation appearing on him, magic doesn't seem that hard to believe.

Arthur's glare soften and he relaxed, seeing that Ludwig wasn't making fun of him but was rather curious, "I prefer to call it witchcraft but the school would ban a club to be called under such term. You're Gilbert's younger brother, right?"

Ludwig took the honesty as an open invitation to a conversation and pulled up a chair to sit, "Yes, I am. I'm a junior"

"Gross," Arthur instantly reacted, "You seem like a good kid, Ludwig, but your brother? I could care less, honestly,"

"Understandable," Ludwig replied.

The agreement almost made Arthur chuckle, which Ludwig took as a good sign, "You seem like you need to ask a question. Am I wrong?"

Ludwig nodded, wondering if it was obvious something bothered him. He was about to ask about the doodles when the snoring abruptly stopped and the vice principal snorted awake. The students turned around and became quiet, as if they were still the whole time. But Mr. Adnan simply yawned and rubbed his eyes, "Is detention over yet?"

"We've been here for only 15 minutes," a student pointed out.

"Agh, to hell with that" the older man groaned, "I'm sure you all reflected as much as your tiny brain cells could. Go home,"

The students didn't hesitate to grab their bags and head out. Arthur started to leave too when Ludwig stopped him, "Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask something-"

"Oh, right" Arthur didn't seem to be annoyed but rather in a hurry, "Sorry, I have to go see Fran- I mean, someone. I'm assuming you'll be at the party your brother is throwing. I can answer whatever you need to know then"

Without any other word, he left. Ludwig groaned, silently cursing romance for making the teens around him act so recklessly.
_____________________________

A/N:

Finally an update :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see ya next update