23. Party [Part Four]

Ludwig closed his bedroom door. He decided it was best to retreat to his room and stay away from the rest of the party. He had never been so publicly embarrassed. He couldn't believe he was the only one who never had a boyfriend or even a first kiss. He really was lame compared to the rest of the students.

He sighed laying on his bed. The cold beer still in his hand. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to drink it. He could hear Gilbert's band start up again because of the sudden feedback the microphone and speakers were giving off. He could clearly hear Gilbert announced that they were going to play some covers of one of Gilbert's favorite bands; Mother Mother.

He heard the first few chords play from the band's song, "Get Out the Way". It was one of Ludwig's favorites too. He could feel his head throb because of the hit he took when the chair got knocked out He closed his eyes, feeling like he wanted to take a nap.

But he suddenly heard a knock on his door and a familiar voice, "Luddy? Are you in here?"

"Feliciano?" Ludwig instantly sat up, "Yeah, come in,"

Feliciano perked his head in with a smile and got inside, closing the door behind him, "Gilbert told me you'd probably be here. I'm glad I didn't get lost, hehe"

Feliciano sat next to him on the bed, "Does your head hurt?"

"Yeah..." Ludwig rubbed his head, remembering the pain, "How did you know?"

Feliciano looked away, "Lucky guess. I mean, it looked like you hit your head on the ground, but I don't think the others noticed it or else your brother would have probably made it a bigger deal,"

"Right..." Ludwig didn't noticed their expressions. He had left quickly after the event, "I'm fine now though"

Feliciano started to fidget with his hands and mumbled "I'm sorry"

Ludwig looked up at him, not expecting the sudden phrase from Feliciano, "About what?"

"Well, you see..." Feliciano wouldn't look at him, "The chair. I, uh, I was standing next to the chair when you were sitting down. And you looked really uncomfortable despite the fact that you said you would do it. So I... may or may not have kicked the chair leg under you and made you fall so you wouldn't do it..."

Ludwig almost scoffed in laughter, "Are you serious?"

"I'm sorry!" Feliciano felt guilty and now started to ramble, "I know you said you wanted to get your first kiss but you looked like really didn't like the idea so I thought it would be the best to stop it but instead I made it embarrassing and it wasn't in my place to do so and maybe you did wanted to kiss her, which I wouldn't blame you since she is a very pretty and very nice girl and maybe I ruined your chance with her and you're probably really mad at me-"

"Feliciano, breathe" Ludwig stopped him, "You're rambling again,"

"Sorry"

"Stop apologizing," Ludwig chuckled, "It's fine. I understand. I'm not mad at you,"

"Really?" Feliciano finally looked at him.

"Really" Ludwig confirmed it, "I'm actually really glad you did it. I was really uncomfortable, actually. I just thought it would have been even more uncomfortable to be known as the junior who never kissed anyone before"

"But you have kissed someone before. Don't you remember?"

"Huh?..."

"We've kissed before" Feliciano bluntly said.

"I- we- what?!" Ludwig stuttered, trying time remember what Feliciano was talking about.

Feliciano giggled, "Yeah in Kindergarten. Remember? I would always kiss your cheek to say hi and then one day, you accidentally turned around and we kissed!"

Ludwig felt the tension leave his body and he became relieved, "Oh... right... that doesn't really count, Feliciano"

"I know," The Italian boy just grinned, "But I count it,"

"Oh" Ludwig nodded, "So was that what you meant when you put a finger down for kissing a boy?"

Feliciano hesitated with his answer, "Yup. That was the only kiss I had with a boy..."

"Oh, okay" Ludwig felt disappointed. Then that would mean Feliciano had only ever kissed and dated girls.

There was a short moment of silence between the two before Feliciano gasped and picked up something from the ground, "Is this a guitar?"

Ludwig internally cursed, forgetting to put the case away before the party started, "Yeah, it's mine,"

"Wow! You can play?"

Ludwig nodded, shyly. He's never shown anybody his guitar besides his brother. Feliciano opened the case to reveal it, "Woah... can you play something for me?"

"Right now?" Ludwig felt himself become nervous. He hasn't played for anyone either.

"Please?" Feliciano begged and handed him the instrument, "At least a little bit?"

Ludwig grabbed the guitar and paused for a moment to think of what to play, and then he got it, "You're just too good to be true... can't take my eyes off of you... you'd be like heaven to touch... I wanna hold you so much... and long last love has arrived... and I thank God I'm alive... you're just too good to be true... can't take my eyes off of you..."

Feliciano stared fondly at him with awe until he realized, "Hey! That's my poem!"

"Yeah" Ludwig felt his face turn warm as he blushed, "It makes really good lyrics,"

"Did you really make a melody for it on spot?"

"Oh, yeah, I did"

"That's so impressive, Ludwig! To make a good melody and memorize lines? You really have a gift for music!"

"Thank you..." Ludwig was awkward, not knowing how to take the compliment. But coming from Feliciano, he truly appreciated it.

Feliciano suddenly changed the topic, "So, Uh... why is it that you've never had a girlfriend?..."

Ludwig was taken back by the question. But Feliciano seemed genuinely curious about it. So Ludwig answered, "I don't have much interest in girls if I'm being honest... and girls don't have much interest in me either. So..."

"I don't see how they can't be interested in you," Feliciano responded, "You're smart, kind, polite, funny, considerate, you can play music and write really well, your handsome, you're a good friend. Any girl would be lucky to have you,"

Ludwig gulped, feeling his heart beat faster by every word Feliciano said. He didn't know how to respond.

Suddenly, the door opened and Lovino peeked in, "What are you two doing here alone?"

"Talking," Feliciano answered for Ludwig.

Lovino glared at Ludwig, "The British punk wants to talk to you. Something about a question you had for him. He's in your dad's office,"

Ludwig stood up instantly. So Arthur did remember his promise after all. Feliciano got up and followed Lovino downstairs after calling out to Ludwig, "I'll be in the basement if you want to keep talking after!"

Ludwig nodded, knowing for sure he would want to spend the rest of the night with Feliciano. But for now, he marched downstairs to see Arthur and finally get some answers about the magical doodles.

________________________________

A/N:

I'm having a writing spree so y'all get to enjoy another short chapter : )

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see ya next update!