20. Party [Part One]

For the rest of his classes, Ludwig noticed no new signs from Blue. He would constantly check and had thought about writing something first. He was starting to get tired of having to wash off the ink though and hide it. It was a good thing he usually wore his sweatshirts, so he didn't look suspicious like Francis. He started to think more about it; see if anybody else was trying to hide something. So far, it was only him, Gilbert, and Francis.

And if he was correct, there is a person like Blue as their opposite. So Gilbert and Francis have a different person each. So in total, there is 6 people; three pairs. It only made Ludwig more confused. At first, he had thought the only commonality was that Gilbert and him were brothers. But now Francis was added onto the picture. They all knew each other, so at least there was that. And then he started to think about the counterparts. Who are they? And why is this happening to them? Was it coincidence? Or destiny? Do they have some sort of connection? To each other or the person they are paired with. The only lead they had was Matthew, as Gilbert was able to remember it was the cashier who wrote on himself in which later reappeared in Gilbert. But even then, it doesn't make sense. Gilbert didn't even know Matthew existed. What do they have that makes them a pair?

What does Ludwig and Blue have that makes them a pair? That's the main question Ludwig kept going back to. Who is this Blue? Why are they subjected to this weird phenomenon. Is it possible that they are also strangers? Ludwig assumed they were of similar age and also went to school, like Matthew and Gilbert. But so far, the mysterious person was so distinct from Ludwig. But Ludwig didn't seem to mind that.

If he could just figure out who's Francis' other person, then maybe he can connect the dots and have a lead on finding out who Blue is. He wanted to find out so badly, but at the same time, he was afraid. What if it isn't someone who he thought it would be? Or that Blue doesn't care about Ludwig if he finds out who he is. Every time he thought of Blue, his heart raced. And he didn't know why.

"Come on, bro! Let's go, let's go!" Gilbert raced to the car.

"The party doesn't start until late night. There's no rush" Ludwig hopped on and so did Antonio and Francis.

"Ah, but there is so much to prepare for! We need to set up drinks, games, the band setup-"

As Gilbert ranted, Ludwig turned to face Francis, "Hey, do you know what time Arthur is supposed to be at the party?"

Francis shrugged, looking away and fiddling with the hoodie strings, "How am I supposed to know?"

"Cause he's your boyfriend-" Antonio interrupted the conversation.

"He's not!" Francis yelled, playfully hitting his friend, "Why does everyone think that?!"

Ludwig was going to point out the obvious but everyone made eye contact that simply said 'It's so obvious, it hurts'

As soon as they arrived to the Beilschimdt household, the group scrambled inside and Antonio took lead, "Okay, amigos. Game-plan. Francis, get drinks and snacks ready. Gilbert, set up the stage area for the band, Mama Carriedo will take care of the ambiance-"

"Will you please stop calling yourself that?-" Gilbert begged.

"Last time I checked, I was banned from calling myself 'Daddy Carriedo'. Would you guys prefer we revert back to that?-"

"No!" Francis and Gilbert simultaneously responded in an instant.

"Okay..." Antonio said, slightly hurt. He turned back to Ludwig, "And you? Uh, can you clean?"

Ludwig crosses his arms, "Really? Giving me the job none of you want to do? It's not even my party. Hell, I know it's going to become a mess as soon as people start stepping in,"