7. Class

Ludwig had math first thing in the morning. He didn't mind it. He was actually really good at math. He just hated the fact that it was incredibly boring.

He was all the way in the back corner and didn't have anyone to talk to. Kiku was in his class, but all the way on the other side. He simply waved at him before taking his seat, getting ready for the hour to pass by as quickly as it could.

As the teacher gave the lecture, he tried to pay attention, but it was just an overview of the last subject. He let mind dazed as he scribbled mindlessly on his notes. His eyes eventually glanced at the red letters on his right arm.

He still had no idea where it came from. He tried to think of yesterday, but he only remembered Feliciano writing his number on Ludwig's hand and he washed it off when he got home and texted Feliciano. He went to sleep right after that. So he couldn't have done that to himself. It wasn't even his hand writing. He thought it must have been a prank done by Gilbert while he was sleeping and shrugged.

He tried not to think about it and focused back on the lecture.

The hour flew by slower than he had wanted, but at least now they had the brunch period. Kiku waited for Ludwig outside and they both walked together, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Ludwig answered, "Why?"

"You look like you have something on your mind,"

Ludwig hesitated but decided maybe Kiku can provide him some insight on his weird mystery. So he raised his hand and showed it to his friend, "Does this look like Gilbert's handwriting to you?"

Kiku glanced at the hand, "What writing?"

Ludwig looked at his hand and almost jumped back in shock. The writing was gone. He inspected closer and there was no trace it was there, "I swear there was something written on me but I didn't know who wrote it!"

Kiku stared at him, confused, "At least it's gone. Was it something bad?"

"No... I was just confused... I woke up with it and tried to wash it off in the morning to no avail. I still had it in class though..."

"That's odd. Maybe you fell asleep and drooled on it,"

Before Ludwig could respond, Alfred was walking towards them, "Hey dudes!"

Ludwig restrained himself from groaning as he could see Kiku's lovesick eyes stare at the American boy. He didn't know what he saw in him. He was the opposite of Kiku; he was loud and obnoxious and out there and social. It was the exact type of people Kiku had claimed to dislike. Yet there they were, Kiku obviously head-over-heels for him. It was no surprise though. Despite being a popular, handsome student athlete, Alfred was smart as well and like Kiku, a total geek. They found some things in common when the two were stuck as lab partners. Ludwig still found him annoying though. But he wasn't so upset because of it. He was actually glad for Kiku. It's just that Alfred gives him a headache. But at least he could see that Alfred was just as interested in Kiku, so he wasn't worried. It drove him crazy that they're not dating yet despite how oddly different they were from each other. Then again, Ludwig could say that Feliciano is also the opposite of himself.

Ludwig's thoughts were interrupted when he realized Kiku was talking to him, "Sorry. You were saying something?"

"I said I'll see you at Lunch. Class is about to start," Kiku grabbed Alfred's hand as they started to walk away.

"Don't forget there's Club fair and Sports sign up during Lunch!" Alfred yelled out, "We could use a big guy like you!"

Ludwig waved goodbye and then mentally cursed as he watched the rest of the students scurry to their classes. He tried to remember which class he had next when suddenly, he felt someone tap his shoulder.

"Ludwig! Thank heaven I found you!" Ludwig turned around to see it was Feliciano, "I know it's my second class but I already got lost, hehe..."

"Let me see your schedule" Ludwig shook his head and slightly smiled, "Oh, you have Chemistry,"

"I do?" Feliciano glanced at the paper, "Don't you have this class with me?"

"Oh, you're right" Ludwig contained his enthusiasm. This would be the first class where he had an actual friend, "Come on, then. We're late,"

"Aye, Captain!"
________________________

They were 2 minutes late, which were 2 minutes too long according to the substitute that Ludwig did not recognize.

"Care to explain yourselves?" The man crossed his arms and frowned. Usually, Ludwig respected new teachers and for which, Ludwig was a favorite student. Ludwig had a feeling it will not be as easy with this one, "What's your name?"

"He's Ludwig," The whole class watched in awkward silence when Feliciano spoke, "We got lost,"

The teacher sighed, "Go to your seats,"

"Thanks, dad," Feliciano smiled and continued to the empty table in the middle, leaving Ludwig in shock and confusion.

The substitute teacher continued his lecture as Ludwig took a seat next to Feliciano and whispered, "'Dad'?"

"Si. You didn't know?"

"You failed to mention it,"

"Sorry," Feliciano giggled, "He's the new teacher for Chemistry. And no, he won't be giving special treatment and grades. Mrs. Terra said she'll have someone else grade my stuff,"

Ludwig saw the board, where it indeed said 'Mr. Lorenzo Vargas'. He had heard that the old teacher had retired, but he didn't expect this serious man to be Feliciano's father. Ludwig thought his own father was scary, but he was worse. He could see that Lovino looked more like him than Feliciano. And the attitude was also an apparent trait that got passed down to Lovino exclusively.

He heard Mr. Vargas clear his throat as if acknowledging Ludwig's and Feliciano's conversation as a warning and continued.

"What a great first impression, Ludwig..." He mentally scolded himself. It will be hard being in the class knowing that Feliciano's father now dislikes him.

__________________________

A/N:

Another quick update :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see ya next update