12. Words

"Ludwig! There you are!" Mrs. Braginsky greeted the Junior as he entered into her classroom. Katyusha didn't have favorites. She had an equal love for everyone and everyone could see it. She was one of the few teachers who always seemed to be smiling, "Oh, and who's this?"

She pointed at Feliciano who was behind Ludwig, "I'm Feliciano Vargas. I'm new,"

"Oh, a pleasure to meet you Feliciano!" She shook his hand, "Now go ahead and take your seat next to Ludwig,"

They both did as they were told and headed to the back of the classroom. Ludwig usually sat next to Kiku in this class, but ever since Alfred sat on the other side of Kiku, Ludwig's been alone until now.

Mrs. Braginsky went ahead and gave them a few sheets of paper.

"Today, we are going to start our poetry project!"

The class responded with a mixture of interest and boredom.

"Come on, kids!" Katyusha exclaimed, "Poetry is a gateway to the soul! And I won't make you follow the strict curriculum. I want to see what you all come up with!"

Kiku raised his hand, "What do we write about?"

"Anything you want!"

Happy chatter came from the students until Mrs. Braginsky continued, "But you do have to follow some rules-"

Groans came from the class now and the teacher patiently waited to explain, "I have here a bowl full of folded pieces of paper with words on them. You will take five and your poem has to include those words at least once. That's it! Other than that, it's all free game! See, not too hard, is it? We'll be learning about famous poets and analyzing poems and songs to help you during class and you'll work on your poem for homework. That being said, I'll extend the deadline so you have an entire month to work on it!"

"You weren't kidding when you said she was a very relaxed teacher," Feliciano whispered to Ludwig.

"Now that's out of the way! Come up and get your words!"

The students scrambled up to get their random pieces of paper. Ludwig and Feliciano, being in the back of the class, waited for the crowd to die down before getting up to the bowl.

Ludwig let Feliciano go first. Finally, the last five pieces of paper were taken. They both sat down and took a look at their words.

"Oh," Feliciano exclaimed reading his words, "Eyes, Good, Love, Need, and God. Not bad! It's interesting but sounds like I can make it a happy poem! What about you? What did you get, Ludwig?"

Ludwig sighed, carefully unwrapping the pieces of paper. With a deeper sigh, he recited the writing, "Creep, Special, Belong, Run, Hell..."

Feliciano tilted his head, "Oh, those sound interesting. But it doesn't sound like a happy poem..."

"What am I supposed to write with this?" Ludwig whined.

Kiku, who sat in front of Ludwig, turned around to face them with a smirk, "What are you talking about? You write all the time. You're a good writer,"

Ludwig looked down, bashfully. Cursing the fact that Kiku finally talks to him to expose him, "No, I'm not..."

"Do you like to write?" Feliciano asked.

Ludwig glanced at his smile and again felt flustered, "Sometimes... I don't do it as often since I don't have time because of school,"

"Oh, what do you write?"

"That's not important," Ludwig muttered.

"Aw, Ludwig!" Feliciano tugged on his friend's sleeve, "I won't judge! I bet it's really good!"

Ludwig shyly glanced at him. He contemplated for a second and then shook his head, "Maybe later..."

Feliciano wasn't disappointed. He simply smiled, said "Okay!", and didn't say more as the teacher called the class to settle down and put away the papers in a safe place.

Mrs. Braginsky started to pass out classic poetry and started her lecture on structure and such. Ludwig sighed deeply, his mind wandering through nothing in particular. He was distracted. His thoughts would switch between different things: the lecture, Feliciano taking notes, the words assigned to him, Feliciano fidgeting with his pencil, coming up with lines for the poetry assignment, Feliciano-

He sat up, trying to clear his mind and focus. Why? He asked himself. Why does he have these thoughts about his friend. A friend he barely reunited with and nothing more.

He wasn't afraid of what others thought about him. The school was very open-minded and friendly. Hell, a large amount of the students were like Ludwig. But Ludwig was scared of what Feliciano would think. It wasn't even the fact that they're both boys, but rather if Feliciano would be disgusted that his friend is having feelings for him. He can't feel this way towards him. He needed to stop.

Ludwig stood up from his seat. Feliciano looked up from his scribbling, "Where are you going?"

"The restroom. Mrs. Katyusha doesn't care if people leave mid class"

"Oh, okay! I'll just give you my notes of what you miss out on!" He went back to focus on the board, his hand rapidly making out messy words that even he couldn't understand.

Ludwig headed out, taking the hall pass from the classroom's door knob and took a deep breath once he was outside the classroom. He slowly made his way through the halls, feeling much better and less distracted. Who's to say this is a crush? Maybe he's just overwhelmed by Feliciano's presence that he mistakes it for a crush. Ludwig never had a crush before so he wouldn't know. Besides, crushes go away after a while. This feeling will pass and nothing has to change.

He finally arrived to his destination. Luckily for him, it was empty. He took out his phone and started to scroll away to take up time. He passed by his brother's post about the party tomorrow night. As he pressed like, he noticed something off. A smidge of red was on his right wrist. He pulled up his sweater's sleeve and certainly, there was the weirdly familiar pen ink markings printed onto him. But instead of a doodle, there was writing.

A response from his own question earlier.

"Hello"

___________________________

A/N:

The poems will be based on songs cause I'm not creative. Can anyone guess which songs?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see ya next update!