1.

Halloween 2016 just so happened to fall on a Monday, which meant one Colby Lopez had to work that night.. it also meant that the annual company party would be held later in the night at the hotel after the TV taping.

Not many people who attended that party ever knew what happened when the next morning came and that was nothing different this year.

Waking up on November 1st, earlier the next Tuesday morning Colby noticed the hotel room ceiling, at least he had made it to the hotel room. He began searching for his phone with his hand and didn't find it on the nightstand where he would have placed it to charge if he was sober. He felt pressure on his chest and looked down to see the familiar red hair sprawled across his chest and his eyes widened, Rebecca.

It all came back in little moments..

Rebecca and Ashley had attended the party as pirates.. and he had seen her when she walked in the door immediately but shook his head, he didn't have enough liquid courage to mention anything yet.. it took three more drinks that his friends were constantly handing him to get up the courage, or the stupidity to go up to her.

She was standing against the bar, next to the taller blonde as they shared a drink and watched their colleagues make fools of themselves. He walked over and effortlessly slipped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his chest and she looked up at him with those beautiful eyes.

She truly had no idea what kind of hold she had on him, what kind of hold she'd had on him for the last almost two years that they'd been friends, regardless of relationships they were in or not in she was the one constant in his life.

Call it the liquid courage or stupidity but he leaned down and said the only thing his mind could come up with in that moment..

"You look sexy" he slurred and she looked up at him with wide eyes

"Smooth" she nodded "I'm sexy?" She asked and Ashley looked down at her friend and then over to Colby with wide eyes and a shake of her head

"Hey.. Romeo, off limits" Ashley stated motioning him away with her hand

"What? Why?" He asked

"She's in a relationship.. duh" Ashley said

"She can speak for herself" he slurred and looked down at the redhead

"I'm in a relationship.. kind of" she said with a shrug

"You don't sound too sure of that"

"It's complicated"

"Its either working or its not, the stupid it's complicated saying is just a Facebook status"

"We're working on it" she nodded and he removed his arm

"Alright, fine" he nodded "I can respect that" he said and he saw the blonde roll her eyes "Will you at least let me buy you a drink? As your friend, so you don't have to keep sharing with blondie over there" he pointed to Ashley who flipped him off

"I'd like that" the redhead nodded with a smile

"Rebecca" Ashley said and her best friend looked up at her as she shook her head

"It's fine, it's innocent" Rebecca said

Famous last words.

One drink turned to two, then three, then four.

The next thing she knew she was in the elevator next to him as he walked her to her room to make sure she got there safely without anyone trying to mess with her.

Then what happened after that was something neither planned nor expected to ever happen.

She unlocked the door and turned around to thank him for walking her to the room when he leaned down and captured her lips quickly before she could speak one word.

That one innocent kiss turned into another and then the clothes began to find themselves on the floor as they moved quickly towards the bed without a second thought.