Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The Golden Wind God

"Fairy Tail" Regular Speech

'Fairy Tail' Regular Thoughts

"Fairy Tail" Flashbacks

"Fairy Tail" Dragon/Demon/Monster Speech/Names of Spells

'Fairy Tail' Dragon/Demon/Monster thoughts

Fairy Tail- Stating of the year or a place

Summary: I was told I was alone...in a world where NAKAMA were every person's desire. Then HE found me, he said he saw great potential in my small body and he raised me. Because of him I lived...I learned...and I finally found someone I could call nakama. Even if he didn't call me the same. That is why I will do whatever I can to live up to his name. As the son and dragonslayer of the greatest being I have ever met. Acnologia, the Black Dragon of the Apocalypse.

(A/N: Gotta say, I'm liking the reaction to this story from you guys. Only 7 chapters in and I already have near 300. Though I know there are writers who have been able to get at least over 200 with just 2 chapters and so they'd obviously have way more than me by the time they reached this far in a story. Also I got over 40'000 Hits and this fic has been added to 13 C2's. That's a lot of love for this story in my opinion. Glad you guys like the story so much.

Also, many of you readers have been finding my pairing for Naruto and Levy to be questionable. Be honest when I ask you this. Do you think I should leave it as NarutoxLevy or should I change the pairing. I'm a writer and writer's do what they can to please their readers. So tell me what are your opinions and if you all think I should change the pairing, I will. Also, if you all do ask for change, I will put up a poll to decide Naruto's new mate. Though, NO FRICKIN' ERZA! I hate that pairing now after seeing it done so many times.)

Unknown Location, Year-X784

The sky was seemingly set afire as it was now a mixture of reds, oranges, yellows, pinks and purples thus marking that sundown was coming upon the kingdom of Fiore. Naruto and Kurama traversed the land of Fiore for what seemed like weeks or months. With Naruto's ability to absorb the Eternano from the air to create condensed magic energy as a meal, he rarely had to venture towards a town to satisfy his hunger and thirst and with Kurama being, partially, a fire kitsune, the Exceed rarely required the need for drink and ate fire. This, he gained from Naruto as he ate the flames of the blades of Merlin. Although they hardly ever needed to eat that didn't stop them from eating at every town they went to just so they could enjoy the taste of real food. As the two continued to walk through the land, Kurama sniffed the air.

"Ah, I love the smell of fresh, forest air." Kurama exhaled a stream of fire and held out his paw to catch the, now burnt, bird and ate it. Naruto remained silent as he adjusted his cloak before removing the mask that covered the lower half of his face. Ever since the boy had left Zabuza and Haku four years ago, the blonde had decided to find something to cover the lower half of his face, in remembrance of his former sword wielding teacher.

"Do you really have to wear that?" Kurama asked. The blonde dragonslayer nodded.

"Yup. Besides, you shouldn't be one to talk. You have a hood on almost all the time." Naruto retorted as he finished pulling down the skin tight mask. "Also...everyone looks badass when you cover an area of your face."

"Then you should cover your whole face so no one will see the ugliness." He laughed before the cat was knocked off from his perch as Naruto picked him up and dropped him on the ground.

"Your hood covers your entire face, so I'm lucky that I don't have to see YOUR hideous face." Naruto countered. Kurama continued to laugh as he flew after Naruto and landed back on his head.