Chapter 5

Dragonslayer

Chapter 5: The Sky is the Limit

"Fairy Tail" Regular Speech

'Fairy Tail' Regular Thoughts

"Fairy Tail" Flashbacks

"Fairy Tail" Dragon/Demon/Monster Speech/Names of Spells

'Fairy Tail' Dragon/Demon/Monster thoughts

Fairy Tail- Stating of the year or a place

Summary: I was told I was alone...in a world where NAKAMA were every person's desire. Then HE found me, he said he saw great potential in my small body and he raised me. Because of him I lived...I learned...and I finally found someone I could call nakama. Even if he didn't call me the same. That is why I will do whatever I can to live up to his name. As the son and dragonslayer of the greatest being I have ever met. Acnologia, the Black Dragon of the Apocalypse.

Unknown Forest, Year-X777

Naruto's cerulean orbs stared into the five year old girl's own brown orbs as if he were contemplating something. Wendy dared not move as she kept seeing the blonde stranger gazing at her. Kurama watched from the trees to see what Naruto would do.

'Brat...what are you thinking?' The red eyed cat thought.

"A-A-Are y-y-you going to kill me?" Wendy stuttered. Naruto looked at the girl's innocent frame. She was shivering in fear. The blonde continued to watch the girl for a few moments before cutting off his magic and the wind blade vanished. Wendy's eyes widened, but then she glanced around again. The trauma suddenly caught up with her, dead and bleeding wolves, the blood covered blonde dragonslayer, it was all too much for the five year old and thus her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fainted. Naruto blinked when he saw the blue haired girl fall against the tree, unconscious.

"Maybe you shouldn't have made those wolves' death so bloody?" Kurama said as he flew down. Naruto turned to the Exceed before looking at Wendy.

"Acnologia taught me that the strong survive and the weak die...those wolves preyed on a weak girl and so they deserved to die." Naruto said without emotion. Kurama sighed.

"Naruto...you of all people should know that Acnologia's teachings are not law. He taught you everything you know and made you strong yes, but that does not mean that your judgement on humanity should be the exact same as his." Kurama said, but then he got a questionable look on his face, "So what're you going to do with the girl?." Kurama asked.

Naruto didn't answer as he walked over to Wendy and picked her up gently, holding her bridal style. He looked at the girl's face, peaceful and full of pure innocence. Naruto tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and wiped a little bit of the blood that fell onto her face from his hands. The blood that caked his hands had long dried due to his use of wind magic so he didn't stain her dress.

"Wendy Marvell...she is like me." Naruto said. Kurama raised an eyebrow.

"Like you in what way?" The red furred cat asked. Naruto began to walk off in the direction of where he and Kurama had found the small river.

"She is the Daughter of the Sky. So she is like me in more ways than one." Naruto answered cryptically. Kurama's eyes widened as he paused in mid-flight, staring at the retreating back of his blonde partner.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" Kurama glared daggers at Naruto, he then looked at the dead wolves and picked two of them up for Wendy to eat when she awoke, while burning the other bodies with a small fireball.