She really, really doesn't deserve a friend like Bash. "You're skipping class?"

"I'll come back once you're home and okay."

Andy sniffles. "Thank you."

She can hear his smile when he says, "Don't mention it."

Her lower abdomen feels like it's being stabbed by a hundred sharp knives, and Andy's slow to move because of the pain. It never hurt like this before.

She keeps her shirt on, but puts on the pad and slips on Bash's joggers. They feel comfortable. She ties his jacket around her waist for extra measure, and the jacket smells so much like him.

She opens the door. Bash gives her a smile. "Here," she says in a small voice, handing him his bag. "Thank you so much. I promise I won't stain them and I'll wash them and iron them and give them back to you as soon as it's done."

The brunet takes the bag, shoulders it, and offers his hand. "I don't care if you stain them. And you don't need to do all that. You ready? You need help?"

Her abdomen and lower back hurt, but she shakes her head with a hesitant smile. "I'm fine, I can walk. Thank you."

"You look like you're in pain," Bash says.

"I am," Andy answers honestly, shutting her eyes. "Let's go."

Bash grabs her arm and places it around his shoulder. "Lean into me, okay? Let's go. Slowly."

Andy does as he says.

"What's your comfort food?"

Andy furrows her eyebrows. They make their way outside the shower room. "Comfort food?"

"Piper needs ice cream when she has her period," he explains. "What about you?"

"Oh, um. I don't know, chocolates help. And I just need to rest, my back always hurts whenever I have it."

Bash nods, tightening his grip around her waist as they continue their slow walk to the parking lot. "You women have it tough."

Andy manages a small smile. "How come you're okay talking about this? And not being...weird about it. Guys are usually disgusted by the idea of blood coming out from our private parts."

The brunet shrugs. "It's biology. It's normal, so you shouldn't be embarrassed. Plus, I've been around Piper for too many years—I know how to take care of her especially when Sam's not around. It's not a big deal."

Andy's smile widens. "You're a great friend, Bash. Thank you."

"Like I said," he says, flashing her a grin, "don't mention it. Keep the clothes if you want, okay? I don't care if you stain them."

It takes a while, and Bash tries to distract her from the pain by talking to her, but they do reach the parking lot. Bash leads her to a white Subaru, but the loud slamming of a door startles them both.

Rhysand steps out of the Jeep with a bag in one hand and a plastic bag on the other.

Andy's mouth drops open. "Rhys. What are you—"

"I was worried," he says, jaw clenching. He meets her eyes. "But it looks like you're taken care of already."

Oh, no. No. Andy doesn't need this right now.

Her head aches, her whole body is sore, and her abdomen is suffering—she doesn't need a fight.

She sighs and takes her arm away from Bash's shoulder. "Rhys, please."

"Do you want me to wait for you in the car?" Bash asks, his features drawn together.

"You're not waiting for her," Rhysand tells him coldly. "Leave."