Philemon 1:4

"I thank my god, making mentions of thee always in my prayers."

Jasmine

"Jasmine! Oh my god it's so good to see you! How long has it been? You look great!"

I smiled as I was pulled in for a hug by one of my long time friends, Drea.

Drea and I had met back in high school and we stayed friends when we both started attending the same law school.

I knew I needed to find Jahking a lawyer, and she was instantly the first person that came to mind.

Unlike myself, Drea actually finished school and did what we both said we were going to do.

I won't lie, it felt kind of crappy standing in her office...

With a swollen stomach, looking at what my future could've been, had a lot of things not happened.

"It's been too long. I missed you." I smiled as I hugged her back,

"I tried calling you and I even went by your house but everyone said you just up and left. I was worried sick about you." She sighed,

"I know...I left suddenly. There was a lot going on at the time and I needed to get away. I'm sorry for not calling you sooner." I apologized,

"Don't worry about it, it's all water under the bridge now. I'm just so happy you're here! By the way, what brings you to my office? You should've just came by my house girl! We could've went out and had drinks- well maybe not drinks since your pregnant but still!" Drea beamed excitedly as she motioned for me to sit down.

"Well...actually I'm here because, I need a lawyer." I admitted,

Her face fell into a look of confusion, "A lawyer? You in some kind of trouble?"

"Not me personally, but my boyfriend. He's being wrongfully convicted of something and I need someone I can trust."

"Oh my god, Jasmine that's so horrible...I'd be happy to help you in anyway that I can." Drea smiled genuinely.

"It's a really long and complicated story." I admitted.

She reached her hand out and squeezed mine reassuringly, "It's okay. Tell me everything, start from the beginning and we'll go from there."

I nodded and took a deep breath.

I explained everything to her, obviously voiding any potential incriminating pieces of information.

Even though I trusted Drea, you could never be too sure.

It felt good to get everything off of my chest. It felt good to finally share it with someone else.

After reviewing everything, Drea had pulled up the official documents for the case, listing all of Jahking's charges and all of the evidence racked up against him.

"I won't lie, his chances aren't great. His DNA was found at the scene. And considering the two other people involved are both dead, it looks really bad for Jahking..."

I hung on closely to each and every word she said.

"The autopsy results concluded that both bodies died sometime around 2:30AM. If I had some type of proof placing Jahking anywhere else after 2:30AM they'd have to drop all charges."

The wheels in my head began turning...

I need to find the proof that will get this case completely tossed out.