Thessalonians 4:17-18

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the lord in the air."

(a/n: sorry if this is bad... i've been suffering from some v bad writers block.)

Jahking

"why should we help him at all?"

"he's still one of us, and we all know how it ends for people who deal with Q— andré is still my bro, i'm not going to just write him off." I prayed that my words wouldn't fall on deaf ears,

"and if we do get andré to come to his senses...are we expected to just let him lead again? cause' if that's the plan I don't want no parts."

"andré won't be coming back as leader, that's not an option." I answered,

ricky, one of our members, spoke up, "if you agree to lead, we'll agree to go with you."

I paused, 'me lead?' I thought.

it didn't take much longer for me to decide, "ok then, we ride tonight."

after some more planning and deliberation, we settled on a solid plan to bring andré back.

by the time we pulled up to the supposed location of where the shooting was to take place, it was dark, and the tell-tell warning aroma of rain settled in the air.

we waited for a little while, debating whether or not we should leave.

eventually, a black suv pulled up across from the apartments, I recognized the suv as the same make and model as the ones that Q's guys drive around in.

to my surprise, andré hopped out of the backseat.

he exchanged words with whoever was in the front seat via the window, they dapped each other up before the suv drove away.

"I'm going to go talk to him, leave the car on just in case." I instructed,

"I'll come with you." one of our members, ricky added,

I nodded and the two of us climbed out of the car. we stayed in the shadows, avoiding street lamps as we progressed down the sidewalk.

further down, still ignorant of our presence, andré crossed the street, heading into a alley.

we stayed close behind, we didn't reveal our presence until we were in the alley as well.

andré stood there, with his back turned to us, waiting for someone.

"andré! this is stupid, come on let's go." I said aloud, calling to him.

he whipped around in shock, and sighed in relief when he saw that it was us.

"what the fuck are y'all doing here?" he questioned, looking around nervously.

"we're here for you. this is a bad idea, that's only going to get you killed."

he scoffed and rolled his eyes, "nah, this is an idea that's going to get me paid, and an opportunity that's going to give me power."

"that's not how this ends andré, you know that. why do you think Q asked you to kill the cop anyway? if he's so powerful, why couldn't he have done it himself?" I inquired,

andré stayed silent, processing my words.

"he asked you because he knows that whoever kills this cop, will be the one to go down for it."

before he could part his lips for a rebuttal, a door connecting to one of the buildings in the alley opened,

revealing a white man dressed in a cop's uniform.

my gaze shifted from the cop to andré just in time to see him reaching for the gun in his waistband,

"andre, don't!"

two shots rang out, and the sound of a body hitting the pavement followed soon after.

andré's body laid slumped on the ground, even in the dark I could see a puddle of crimson beginning to surround his body.

"andré..." I took a step toward him only to be stopped by ricky's arm on my shoulder,

the cop now had his gun trained on us, "you two best leave now, or you can join your friend."

he didn't have to say it twice before ricky was dragging me away from the alley,

my thoughts felt scattered, I didn't even realize we'd made it back to the car where everyone else had been waiting expectantly,

images of his body lying there, struggling to cling on to the last few moments of life kept replaying over and over again in my head.

he was just here, he was breathing, his heart was beating, and blood coursed throughout his body.

now he's not, now he's laying lifeless in a cold alley.

that could've been me.

just as we began to pull off, droplets of rain started to pelt the exterior of the car.