Corinthians 5:8

"We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and home with the lord."

Jahking
"I see you been taking care of your hair."

"nah, you just braid real good." I smiled taking in her full appearance,

"that's also very true.. " she cheesed.

"you want a drink?" I asked leading her into the kitchen,

"sure. where is everyone by the way?" she asked looking around,

"the party's outside." I answered grabbing a cup and filling it with ice.

"you drink henny? andré refused to buy anything else." I laughed,

"that's fine." she smiled accepting the cup from my hand.

I leaned against the counter, I couldn't stop my gaze from falling on her.

"what?" she asked noticing me staring, a shade of rose rested on her cheeks.

"you. you look beautiful." I smirked moving closer to her, trapping her against the wall.

"w-we should probably join everyone else." she mumbled,

I reached down and interlaced our fingers together.

"c'mon then." I smiled pulling her gently outside to the backyard.

the party for the most part was meh, same people, same music, practically every weekend.

the only good part was being there with jasmine, I don't even feel like trying to put up a front no more, shorty had me whipped and I ain't mad about it.

"oh this looks so fun, we should go to this." Jasmine said excitedly as she looked at something on her phone.

"are you asking me on a date?" I smirked,

she rolled her eyes at me and parted her lips to say something.

suddenly, two loud shots rang out through the air, the sound of glass shattering near us made me jump up and pull jasmine with me to the ground.

two more shots rang out, muffled by the sound of yelling and screaming.

I reached for the gun in my waistband, "stay right here, don't move."

I pulled away to go run and find andré before Jasmine pulled me back down next to her,

"are you crazy? are you trying to get yourself killed?" she asked frantically.

"I'm gonna be fine, and so are you. I just need you to stay here. I need to find andré and vanessa." I squeezed her hand reassuringly before I ran towards the sound of gunfire.