Genesis 3:20

"The man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living things."

Jasmine
"your daddy clearly doesn't cook much, there's barely anything in here...how bout' pancakes?" I asked isaiah as I rifled through jahking's pantry.

"yes!" isaiah cheesed, following me around the kitchen.

Isaiah helped me get the ingredients as I began cooking.

It didn't take long to finish cooking breakfast, while isaiah ate his pancakes in front of the tv I started to clean.

I couldn't get what jahking had said about having a baby out of my head. I know for a fact that i'm not ready for that any time soon but could I ever really have a baby with jahking?

most of the time it's easy to forget what jahking does for a living, other times like the shooting at andré's party, and even last night how jahking had to get up and go look for andré...those moments remind me,  and then i'm suddenly overwhelmed with guilt.

jahking's different though. that much i'm sure, he's not like the low life that killed my father.

I can trust jahking.

I was so lost in my own thoughts, I didn't realize that jahking had woken up and come downstairs.

"g'morning mama..." he smiled still half sleep as he wrapped his arms around my waist,

"morning. did we wake you?" I asked, drying off the last of the dishes.

"nah. thanks for making him breakfast, you didn't have to." he answered walking over to where isaiah sat.

"it's okay, isaiah's too cute to say no to." I smiled.

jahking leaned down to his level, "oh so you down here stealing my girl little man?" he asked playfully as he scooped him up into his arms, tickling him.

isaiah's giggles filled the room, it was so nice to see him happy, jahking said when he first brought him home he barely said two words.

I sighed when I checked the time on my phone, "what's wrong baby?" jahking asked setting isaiah down in his chair.

"I should get going, I gotta work later." I said setting my phone down.

"y'know..." jahking trailed walking towards me,

"you wouldn't have to always keep rushing home if you just kept some stuff over here."

I smiled and pecked his lips, "i'll think about it."

"alright, just promise me you will actually think about it. I like waking up to you." his hands travelled down my waist to rest on my hips.

"I promise."

"let me get dressed, i'll drive you home."

after jahking dropped me off, I got in the shower and proceeded to get dressed for work.

I was in the mirror in my bedroom adjusting my uniform when there was a faint knock.

"come in!" I yelled,

in walked an exhausted nessa, her eyes were red and puffy like she'd been crying.

"nessa? what happened, are you okay?" I quickly spun around from my mirror and pulled her into a hug.

"I have to tell you something but you gotta promise you won't tell anyone else, especially jahking." she sniffled.

"of course, I promise. now tell me, you're scaring me." I said squeezing her hand for reassurance.

"I-I'm pregnant."

"are you sure?" I asked rubbing her back gently,

"I took like five tests, all positive. I made an appointment with my doctor on monday, will you come?" she asked rubbing at her eyes.

"of course I will, does andré know?" I inquired.

"no. I haven't told him yet."

"you are going to tell him though, right?"

she sobbed and pulled her knees to her chest, "the truth is, we were actually trying to have a baby as stupid as that sounds..." she sniffled,

"but then he started talking about how he wants to raise our baby to be some kind of gangbanger...that's not what I want." she explained,

"i'm so sorry you've been going through all this by yourself nessa...i'm here now and we're going to figure something out." I said confidently.

"andré can't know about this baby. I won't let him turn my child into a monster."

"he won't, this stays between you and I."