Galatians 5:22-23

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control—"

Jasmine

my body felt extremely weak and tired, more than usual.

I was grateful that cesar untied my arms and legs last night.

I sat up slightly, resting my back against the concrete wall of their basement.

that's when I felt the familiar feeling of butterflies return to my stomach.

I shot up out of bed and lept over to the bucket in the corner of the room,

bile rose in my throat, and the contents of my stomach were expelled from my body.

when I finished I slumped down next to the bucket, fearing another wave of butterflies would come If I moved around to much.

"you're pregnant."

I jumped slightly at the sound of oscar's voice.

I looked up from my feet to see that he was standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

how long had he been there?

"what?" I questioned,

without answering me he moved further into the room,

instinctively, my arms went to wrap around my abdomen protectively.

"I remember when my mom was pregnant with cesar...she had horrible morning sickness, it'd get so bad you'd think she had the plague or something." he explained.

he took a seat in a chair in the corner of the room,

"my brother, he's weak." cesar stated,

"that's not easy for me to accept, but it's the truth." he admitted,

"what does this have to do with me?" I questioned, hoping to avoid a long monologue.

he chuckled and shook his head, "It doesn't have anything to do with you. It's just therapeutic to get things off my chest."

"what time is it?" I questioned,

I'd been doing a decent job of keeping track of time whilst being here but after a while it became more and more difficult.

"don't worry, you've only been here two days...I've got to say, i'm surprised. I thought that your little prophet friends would come looking for you sooner."

his words hurt like hell,

I know with all of my being that jahking loves me, but after I told him about the baby, I've had my doubts..

what if he decided he doesn't want another baby and wants nothing to do with me...?

"they'll come." I answered flatly,

cesar nodded and stood from his seat moving for the door,

"I really hope that's the case senorita, or...we'll have to find something else to do with you and your baby."

the door hinges squeaked as he opened and closed the door, the deafening sound of the loud click of the lock made me feel so defeated.

jahking...where are you?

Jahking

"we need a rendezvous point. after we hit them and get jasmine back, we can't stay here, we need to let it cool off before we come back." latrelle explained to the group.

a couple of people threw out some ideas until we all settled on one,

"alright, after it's done we'll split and meet there." latrelle announced.

"y'all can go."

they all filed out of the room, leaving latrelle, chris, and I alone.

"you good bro?" latrelle asked as he took a seat across from me,

I sighed and massaged my temples, "Nah...i'm not gone be alright till' I know she's alright."

latrelle nodded, "this is the better option, we needed to wait, if we went in there guns blazing the second we knew they had her, they would've been prepared. now they don't know when we'll come." he explained,

"we ride tonight, she'll be back with you before the day is out."

I nodded, still on edge.

the last two days been hell, I haven't slept at all, every time I close my eyes she's all I see.

I can't rest until she's back here.

Her and my unborn child.