Jeremiah 30:17

"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds; declares the Lord."

Jasmine
It'd been about two weeks since the shooting at andré' house. To say that I'm a little shaken up by the whole ordeal is an understatement.

I missed jahking most of all, since the shooting he's tried to call and text me multiple times, but I couldn't bring myself to answer the phone.

I know it's not his fault, but the shooting definitely brought me back to reality.

I allowed myself to forget the danger that swarms jahking's reality on the daily.

I picked up more shifts at my job down at sephora just to keep my mind off of things and stay busy,

today I was lucky because it's a monday and I had very few customers to deal with, time seemed to fly by and before I knew it, it was closing time.

I restocked and swept the floors before shutting off the main lights.

just as I was making my way to the back room to get the keys to lock up, none other than jahking entered the store.

"hey." he gave me a slight wave, his voice was raspy and baritone.

"hey." I echoed,

"I'm assuming you're not here to buy makeup?" I chuckled lightheartedly.

for the first time his lips curved up into a smile, "nah, i'm actually here to apologize...for the other night."

I shook my head, "you don't have anything to apologize for, how could you have known something like that would happen."

"I was worried I scared you away when you didn't return my calls."

I sighed, "i'm sorry about that, it's not you I just needed...a breather."

jahking moved closer, closing the gap between us, the smell of his cologne pulled me closer to him.

his arms snaked around my waist,

"I missed your voice." I admitted, mumbling into his chest.

"damn, that's how I know you like me shorty." he smirked still holding me close.

I rolled my eyes at him but I never pulled away,

"jury's still out."