Isaiah 9:6

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, a government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called wonderful counselor, mighty god, prince of peace."

Jasmine
"I can't believe you never been here before. how are you even from la?" jahking asked as he handed me my cup of shaved ice.

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, I just stay in the house mostly, I guess that's why."

"whenever my son's in town this be first place he wanna go to." he laughed.

we walked over to a table by the window of the italian ice shop and sat down.

on the way to drop me off, jahking insisted on bringing me here after finding out i'd never been.

"you have a son?" I asked.

"yeah, five actually." he answered with a straight face.

my face must've said it all before he started cheesing.

"i'm playing, but I do have a son though, he stay with his moms out in riverside." he answered.

"what's his name?" I inquired.

"Isaiah. He just turned three this month." jahking smiled as he showed me the picture of Isaiah on his phone.

"he's so adorable! he looks just like you too." I gushed.

"you think i'm adorable ma?" jahking smiled showing his teeth.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "you know what I meant."

"so, you got a boyfriend I gotta worry about rolling up on me?" jahking asked playfully glancing out the window.

"Yeah, five actually. You might want to be careful." I joked propping my elbows up on the table.

jahking mimicked my actions and leaned in close to me, his lips were stained red from the italian ice but they still looked so kissable.

'he still a dope boy stoopid.' I thought to myself,

"I think you should be careful too shorty. I think being here with you, might be worth the risk." he mumbled under his breath with a smirk.

"jury's still out."

we talked a bit more before we both agreed it was time to go.

"thanks for the ride and the italian ice." I said as we pulled up in my driveway.

"thanks for braiding my hair, will I see you at andré party on saturday?"

I shook my head, "I doubt it. Parties ain't really my thing."

"I don't want this to be the last time I see you."

I smiled, "It won't be. After I braid someone's hair once, they always come back for more."

"Oh really? You got it like that?" He smirked.

"How you think I got my five boyfriends?" I joked.

"you gon' invite me in and let me find out?"

"that's cute. but nah, you had enough of me for one night." I smiled.

"I'll see you later shorty."

"bye, jahking."