Ecclesiastes 5:10

"Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless."

Jahking

"are you fucking dumb?"

"it's just one lick. we'll make it quick and eas-

"do you hear yourself? we not talking about killing some random bum on the street, we're talking about killing a cop." I seethed,

"man, I told you that bitch jasmine was making you all soft and shit." he said sucking his teeth.

before I could register a response, my fist had already connected with his jaw,

"what the fuck?!" he yelled, holding his jaw.

"don't fucking call her no bitch." I said clenching my fists,

"is you really about to let a girl come between us?! we boys, we been boys since-

"this don't got shit to do with jasmine! this about you actually considering killing a fucking cop!" I yelled,

"It's not that big of a deal. It's one lick, and we're golden, Q's going to deal with them spanish niggas and we go back to business as usual." andré said nonchalantly.

"Is that what you really think will happen?  what happens when Q wants us to do something else for him, or better yet kill another cop.?" I questioned,

"he won't, I won't accept."

"you're dumber than I thought you were if you think you actually have a choice when you dealing with a guy like Q."

"how do you suggest we get rid of them spanish niggas then?" he yelled frustratedly.

"do what you want andré. I'm done, i'm out."

"so that's it? you just done?" he asked in disbelief,

"I didn't sign up to murder people. I just wanted to sell drugs and make fast money, this murdering a cop bullshit you're on is beyond me."

one of the men in the room with us piped up too, "I can't stay either man, I got two kids who need they daddy, you get serious time if you kill a cop."

"me too man, I ain't with all that shit." someone else added.

one after the other more and more of our men spoke up, against andré.

"it's like that? y'all just gone leave a nigga hanging like this?" andré scoffed.

"you can be done too. you can still back out, that I can support, but I can't support you if you're actually going through with killing that cop."

"you niggas are weak, like bitches. if you cool with getting other people's scraps that's fine, but anybody that wants to start making real money can roll with me ." andré stood from the couch and exited the trap,

a few followed him, but the rest remained.

I stood from my seat, "from now on, we're going back to the way things usually run, no murder, and no unnecessary violence. we deal, we sell, that's it."

I talked with the remaining crew for a little while longer until deciding to leave.

"alright, i'm out. i'll hit y'all up later."

Jasmine

"just calm down, and relax. breathe, you'll be fine." I patted nessa on the back as she hesitated to open the envelope in front of her.

"I'm too nervous. you open it."

I rolled my eyes and took the envelope from her, I tore it open and unfolded the documents inside.

"what's it say?" she impatiently asked,

"you're pregnant. now we know for sure." I answered handing her the paper with her test results.

she sighed and rested her face in her hands, "I always pictured myself being happier in this moment."

"you probably would've been...under better circumstances." I mumbled,

"we need to come up with a plan though nessa, eventually you'll start showing and then there won't be any use in trying to hide it."

"there's no reasoning with andré anymore, I don't know what's wrong with him. the only thing I can do is run away and have this baby."

"run away? where the hell would you go?"

she paused and thought for a moment, "I could stay with mom..."

I chuckled, "I thought you said you wanted to keep the baby safe?"

she playfully hit me on the arm, "I'm running out of options, plus, mom lives halfway across the country, which sounds pretty safe to me."

"that's true, when would you leave?" I questioned.

she shrugged her shoulders, "as soon as possible."

"let's book your flight then."