Thessalonians 3:3

"But the lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one."

Jahking

"see? what did I tell you? look at all this bread we making together!" Q chuckled as he popped the band on a stack of cash.

the table in front of us was piled high with stacks of cash and drugs.

as much as I hate to admit it, Q was right, together we been making so much money we been swimming in this shit.

not that it really changed my situation, what good is money if i'm still a pawn in somebody else's game?

"can we speed this up? I got shit to do." I stated dryly.

Q chuckled and leaned back in his chair, "sit down and have a drink with me right quick. stop acting like you on ya fucking period nigga."

"fuck you."

he erupted with laughter, his voice resonating throughout the empty room.

"see, if andré had introduced-

I clenched my jaw, "I ain't here to talk about andré with you, not now not never, don't even say his fucking name to me."

Q held his hands up in defense, "alright, my fault man."

"real shit though, it's something else we need to talk about, pertaining to andré, whether you wanna talk about it or not, we need to handle this shit now before it gets out of hand." Q said, suddenly serious.

I took a seat, slightly intrigued.

"what about it?" I questioned.

"that fucking cop that was there that night has been named a suspect in andré's murder."

I shrugged my shoulders, "okay...how is that an issue? he killed andré that nigga deserves way more for that shit."

Q sucked his teeth and shook his head, "you still a youngin so you don't know, that's why you need me-

"get to the fucking point."

"he's a cop, a white one at that, accused of murder, if he goes to jail he's basically being sent to death, he's going to be willing to do or say anything that will keep his ass out of jail."

"I'm not following..." I said raising an eyebrow.

Q leaned forward and rested his hands on the table, "what do you think is going to happen when he opens his mouth and tells everyone that two other people armed with guns were there when it happened, he's going to try and pin this shit on you, no doubt about it."

his words were starting to sink in, it's basically my word against this white cops, and with the kind of record I got a jury is going to take one look at me and lock me up for life for some shit I ain't even fucking do.

I felt like throwing myself in traffic.

I should've listened and stayed away that night, andré was gon' do what he wanted anyways, that's just who he is.

none of this shit would even be happening had I not just stayed out of it. I could be up in middle of nowhere rhode island with jasmine and isaiah, chilling.

I exhaled deeply, "so what we gotta do to fix this shit."

"he made bail last night, you gotta off his ass now while you got the chance before the police get to him." Q explained,

"and then?"

Q chuckled, "and then what nigga? we go back to making this money."

"nah, fuck that."

Q paused to look at his homies and then back at me, "fuck you mean no?"

"you wanted andré to kill this same nigga and he's dead because of it, and now you asking me to do the same thing."

"the only reason i'm even here is because of a deal andré couldn't complete." I stated firmly.

"the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Q barked.

"it means that once I do this for you, because let's be real you don't give a fuck if im dead or locked up, so once I do this hit for you, I'm done, our deal is off and we both walk away." I answered.

Q stayed silent and pondered for a minute before finally nodding and extending his hand for me to shake, "bet."

I hesitated before accepting his handshake.

"alright then, let me know when it's done, do it quick and quiet, just you."

I stood from my seat, "I'll let you know."