Proverbs 10:17

"Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray—"

Jahking Guillory

my blood ran cold as the call disconnected, I felt bile rise in my throat at the thought of jasmine being stuck alone in a room with Q of all people.

"what's going on?" latrelle asked noticing my change in demeanor,

"jasmine. she's in trouble."

without a second thought latrelle and I rounded up as many of the crew as possible and set out to leave,

"what happened? I thought you was with her?" latrelle asked as he sped down the freeway,

I furrowed my eyebrows, "you asked me to meet you, I thought you were leaving someone behind with her."

I realized that Q had to have planned this whole thing out, he purposely separated jasmine and I.

I couldn't stop nervously drumming my fingers on my leg the rest of the way there.

my mind kept playing different scenarios of what Q was probably doing to her...

"imma pull around back." latrelle said cutting the headlights off and creeping around the back of the house through an alley.

I grabbed the glock from my waistband and motioned for him to stop the car,

"I'll go in first, let me out here. If shit goes bad I'll holler alright?" I explained getting out of the car,

"I got you, be careful."

I nodded and turned away towards the house, I crouched down just beneath the windows and snaked my way around till I was at the side of the house.

I used the tall garbage cans to climb on top of and pull myself into the window on the second floor.

I creeped as quiet as humanly possible, the window I climbed through was attached to the bathroom upstairs.

I cracked the door open, taking a peek out to make sure the coast was clear.

when I was sure nobody was upstairs I exited the bathroom,

I could hear voices coming from downstairs.

I expertly dodged each floorboard I knew from memory was squeaky as I advanced down the stairs.

once I reached the bottom of the stairs I moved to the living room, my eyes immediately landed on jasmine who'd been tied up in an office chair with tape over her mouth.

in two strides I was in front of her quickly undoing her restraints.

she started to squiggle and squirm against me,

"what's wrong? what did he do to you-

I heard the familiar sound of a gun cocking behind me,

"it's good to see you again jahking."

Q.

I slowly turned around to face him. He had a gun trained on me.

Instinctively, I stepped in front of jasmine. My grip tightening on the gun in my hand.

"put the gun down, so you and I can talk." he instructed,

I didn't move.

"or...I can shoot you in the leg and make you watch as I shoot her."

Hesitantly, I dropped my gun.

"perfect. have a seat, let's chat." he said casually as he took a seat on the couch across from me.