Chapter 12: How can I help?

Lana's POV

"I don't know what's gotten into her..." I sighed. "She changed."

"It's normal for her to be worried now, isn't it?" Chelsea showed me a small smile. "She's just worried about you."

"She wants you to rest so you can heal." Isaac added.

"I know," I looked down. "I'm just so sick of resting."

"When you're healed up, you'll be happy with the help Melody provided." Isaac said to which Chelsea nodded in agreement.

I sighed.

"You know, Lana, most people would love to have a while to rest," Chelsea smiled at me. "You should use this time to relax."

Isaac nodded. "It could give you new inspiration for your stories."

"I know," I sighed deeply. "But Melody won't let me write anymore."

They both raised their eyebrows.

"She thinks writing is bad for me, she doesn't want it anymore..." I looked down again. "What if she means it? What if I'll have to find another job?"

"Don't worry," Isaac said but I could clearly see he was worried himself. "She's just saying that now because she wants you to rest."

"Yes," Chelsea nodded. "She'll let you write afterward."

"I don't think so..."

"She has to," Isaac said. "This is your passion, your job."

"I know..."

"Try to talk to her about it," Chelsea put her hand on mine. "Have a conversation about it, let her tell you her side and then you tell your side."

"Maybe..."

"Do you want us to talk to her?"

I looked at them. Would it help? Would Melody listen to them? What if she would only get frustrated more because of it? "No," I showed them a small smile. "I'll deal with it."

"We're here for you, Lana," Chelsea then squeezed my hand gently. "Never forget that, ok?" She said to which Isaac nodded.

I slowly nodded.

______________________________

I was laying on the couch, in the living room. I was flicking through channels on the tv, but I wasn't planning on watching anything.

"Lana," Melody came to me. "I'm going to the supermarket to get a few things for dinner, but I'll hurry," She leaned down and kissed my lips. "Ok?"

"Yeah," I smiled a bit. "I'll stay here."

She gave me a look.

"I won't look for my computer." I sighed.

"Good," She got up again and walked to the front door. "I'll be right back." Then the door closed and silence filled the house.

I gulped as I realized I was all alone and very vulnerable. If Shax were to attack now, I would be powerless...

"Christina? Wednesday? Estelle?" I looked around, as best as I could, but didn't see them appear. "Anyone?"

I sighed deeply.

"H-hello."

I looked up and saw Bree. "Bree," I patted the couch. "How are you?"

She slowly walked to me and went to sit down on the couch. She shrugged.

"Is everything alright?"