Chapter 38: Papers

Third person's POV

As Lana had gone out, Melody was watching tv. She had tried to convince Lana to stay at home, so they could spend time together. However, Lana was out the door faster than Melody could protest. And thus Melody was on her own. She didn't mind, she spent more days on her own.

Melody got up when the tv show was done and went to the kitchen for another glass of wine. But when she arrived in the kitchen, she saw Lana's bag. She frowned as she wondered why Lana hadn't taken it with her.

She knew she shouldn't do this, but Melody couldn't contain herself. She took the bag and looked inside. Her eyes immediately landed on a few papers. She took them out and looked at them: 'Medical advice for Lana Edwards'. Melody frowned as she read the title of the papers.

She went to sit down and read the papers carefully. After every line, after every page, she frowned more.

When she was done reading everything, she put it down. She sighed deeply. She looked up, at the time, and now realized why Lana had left.

___________________________

Lana's POV

"Are you sure you're alright?" Chelsea asked me as we had gotten up.

"Yes," I showed them a small smile. "Thanks to you two."

They both nodded, however, I could see they were both clearly wondering why I had been so upset before.

"I should get going, Melody is probably wondering where I am..." I said but did not attempt to actually go home.

"Lana," Isaac said, gaining my attention immediately. "We miss you," He paused, gaining a nod from Chelsea. "As a friend, as a colleague, as a writer..."

I looked down.

"We know you've chosen your path, and we respect that," He continued. "I hope we can still see each other as friends."

I looked back up at him. "Honestly," I gulped. "I want more than that."

They didn't say anything, as if they didn't know what I was saying. But I knew they knew what I meant, they just wanted to hear it from me.

I gulped again. "Isaac, Chelsea," I paused. "If you two would let me, I'd love to come back as a writer."

Their faces instantly lit up. "Really?"

I nodded, a smile found its way onto my face too.

"Lana," Isaac smiled. "That'd be wonderful," He smiled at Chelsea. "Of course," He then looked at me again. "Of course, you can come back."

I smiled at them. "Thank you."

They both came to me, arms wide open. I accepted their hug, and I gladly gave one back. After the hug, Chelsea looked at me. "How are you going to tell Melody?"

I sighed. "I don't know," I gulped. "I guess I'll just have to be honest..."

They both nodded.

"I should go home now, it's getting late."

"Do you need a ride home?"

I smiled at them. "Thanks."

___________________________

I stepped out of the car and waved at Chelsea and Isaac. I watched them drive away before entering my house. I took a deep breath before entering the house. I then looked around. "Mel, I'm home."

I heard nothing.

I walked to the kitchen, expecting to see her there. But she wasn't there. "Mel?" I looked around the kitchen until my eyes landed on the papers. I walked closer and saw the papers Steph had given me. My eyes widened as I realized Melody had read those...

I stepped backward and took a moment to let that thought sink in. Ok, she now knew I was seeing my characters. It was written on these papers. The question is: where is she now?

"Mel?" I shouted through the house. "Mel?" I shouted even louder.

"She's not here."

I turned around and saw Wednesday. I frowned. "Where is she?"

She shrugged. "She left quickly, I thought she was looking for you."

I sighed and sat down at the table. "She probably freaked out too," I buried my face in my hands. "She must think I'm crazy too."

I heard Wednesday sit down at the table too. "Have you looked around the house for a note? Or has she contacted you?"

I looked up. "I don't know," I then took my bag, which I had left at home, and rummaged through it. I took my phone out. "I didn't take my phone with me."

"Why not, Lana?"

I shrugged.

"And?" She asked as she tried looking at my screen. "Any news?"

I nodded. "She had an emergency at work," I looked at Wednesday. "So she might not have read these papers." I smiled then, relief sank in.

"Sure, Lana," Wednesday sighed. "Sure."

___________________________

Third person's POV

Melody knocked at the front door a couple of times before it was opened. Stephanie was shocked to see Melody at her front door. "Melody," She gulped. "What are you doing here?"

Melody pushed past her and entered the house. Stephanie closed the door and looked at Melody, who was simply standing in the hallway.

"Melody, what's wrong?"

Melody was angry, she was furious. "What on Earth were those papers?"

Stephanie raised her eyebrows. "What papers?"

"Those papers you gave Lana this morning."

Stephanie was shocked to hear Lana had shown those papers to Melody, as Lana's real problem was written on there. "Lana gave them to you?"

Melody didn't reply, mostly because she wouldn't admit she had secretly taken them. "What are those papers?" She repeated instead.

Stephanie gulped. "Well, Lana's issue requires more help so I've arranged for her to get help at a local center and - "

"A local lunatic center, you mean!"

Stephanie looked down. "Let's not call it that, Melody."

"My wife doesn't belong there, she needed someone to talk to," Melody stepped closer to Stephanie. "She trusted you and you did this."

Stephanie gulped again.

"I may not have listened to Lana or taken her problems seriously," Melody paused. "But I believe her."

Stephanie raised her eyebrows once more.

"As her therapist, you should help her instead of pushing her further down."

"I tried, but - "

"But you failed!" Melody stepped even closer, getting too close for Stephanie's liking. "You failed, you're no longer Lana's therapist."

Stephanie couldn't help but huff. "Don't you think this is Lana's choice to make?"

Melody glared at Stephanie. "Normally, yes," She stepped back then, to get a better look at Stephanie. "But since she hasn't been home since she returned from therapy, I think it's safe to assume she wasn't happy with the news you gave her."

Stephanie immediately got upset. "Lana hasn't been home?" She gulped. "Where is she?"

"As if I'd tell you," She then pushed past Stephanie, opening the front door. "You're done, Stephanie." She then got outside and slammed the front door shut.