Chapter 41: Is this the end? - Part 2

Lana's POV

Melody was looking at me the whole time. I wondered if she was waiting for me to say something or if she was trying to figure out how I felt. "I saw them too."

I looked at her. "Who?"

"Your characters," She started, making my eyes widen. "Wednesday, Leila, Christina, Estelle, Bree, Louie, Mark, and Macy," She showed me a small smile. "I saw them too."

I gulped. I had so many questions, yet none seemed to come out of my mouth. "W-When?"

"A while back, actually," She looked in front of her. "I saw Bree first," She smiled a bit. "I thought she was real at first," She then looked at me. "Until she vanished before my eyes."

I let out a breath and looked away, I was so shaken by this news. "You saw Bree?" I gulped. "You really saw her?" I was in utter disbelieve. There was just no way she could've seen Bree. "Like really seen her?"

Melody smiled a bit, she seemed to think my questions were funny. "Yes, Lana," She looked away. "I always used to think I was going crazy," She said, making me drop my jaw. This was the first time I really felt connected to Melody. "That feeling grew when I saw the others," She then looked at me. "Until I read your story."

She kept surprising me... "You read my story?"

"Yes," She scooted closer to me. "It's amazing, Lana," She smiled at me. "You're amazing at writing."

I smiled but tears soon appeared in my eyes. For so long I had been seeking Melody's approval, and here I finally got it.

Melody wrapped her arms around me. "I'm so sorry for making you stop," She sighed. "I understand now why you wanted to do this: you're good at this and you want to protect us."

I nodded but couldn't get any other words out. We were silent again, it seemed we both were going through something here. I looked at Melody after some time. "Have you ever seen Shax?" I gulped right after.

"No," She said but seemed to understand my fear now. "But I want to help you battle Shax, if you let me."

More tears streamed down, tears of happiness. "I'd love that," I wiped my tears away. "But I don't know how to beat it."

"Come on, Lana," I looked up and saw Wednesday. I couldn't help but look at Melody and could clearly see, she saw Wednesday too. "You're stronger than Shax, you can do it."

"Yes," Bree appeared. "Especially with Melody's help."

More of my characters appeared until they all were standing before us. I looked at Melody and saw her smile at them. I smiled at her. "You really can see them?"

Melody looked at me. "Yes, Lana," She then looked at them. "They're lovely."

They all waved at Melody.

I looked at them. "Now why has no one told me Melody knew about you?" I folded my arms.

They all shrugged.

"And why would you disappear when she'd enter the room then?"

"You thought you were crazy for seeing us," Wednesday started, gaining a nod from me. "Why would we freak you out more by telling you your wife knew us?" She paused. "Honestly, we told her to tell you."

I looked at Melody. "Why didn't you?"

She shrugged. "I thought I was the only one who could see them," She looked down for a bit. "I didn't know..."

I wanted to ask more until I heard loud footsteps coming from upstairs. Me and my characters all looked up. I gulped. "Shax..."

Melody looked up before looking at me. "Is it here?"