Danafor's Destruction | Angst

Third Person's P.O.V
Dead bodies lay everywhere in Danafor as many dragons attacked the kingdom. Only a few people were still alive and were trying to get to safety.
"Liz!! Where are you!? Answer me...!! Liz!!!" Meliodas screamed as loud as he could while he searched for his beloved. The dragon's had enveloped most of the kingdom in fire and it pained him that he couldn't save his own people. Liz watched as a fellow knight died in her arms. Guilt filled her heart...
"Why...? Why is this happening? Where did it all go wrong...?" Liz muttered softly to herself as she then begun running around what was left of Danafor, desperate to find Meliodas. Even if her legs felt like they would give out she kept running, Liz couldn't stop worrying about him.
"Meliodas! Where are you?! Answer me! Meliodas!!" Liz shouted loudly and soon ran into a giant purple demon with spikes on him. Staring at his features made Liz feel like she knew this demon.
"That face...I remember it! The goddess who fought us together with Meliodas 3000 years ago...is you Elizabeth!!" Fraudrin shouted and Liz's eyes stayed wide open. She was shocked that the demon knew her name.

Liz's P.O.V
How...did that demon know my name? Why does he look so familiar to me...?
"You monster...what are you saying?!" Was all I could think to say...would I die by the demon's hand and not see Meliodas again...? I can't die...not yet.
"Well it doesn't matter that the humans I killed were useless~ I found my real sacrifice!" Does this demon not care about the innocent lives he's took? The families he tore apart?
"How dare you...! How dare you kill the innocent people of Danafor?!" I shouted with anger in my eyes, if I die here...I need to die fighting. Why run away? He will kill me anyway...
"You think you're strong enough to take me with a puny sword? Use your goddess magic! I dare you!!" The demon shouted once again as I pointed my sword at him. Goddess magic? I'm no goddess...I am a holy knight of Danafor!
"...Meliodas, I'm sorry." I thought to myself as I ran towards the demon. I wasn't fast enough...he stabbed me. I can already feel weaker. Some holy knight I am...
"Liz!!" I slowly move my head to look behind the demon and saw Meliodas. He came for me...
"Meli...o...das..." I know Meliodas is strong enough to do what I could not...kill that demon.
"It's you!!" The demon shouted and I watched Meliodas get angrier by the second. He punched the demon away from me. He focused on my safety first...not his own. When he looked at me I saw not only anger in his emerald orbs...I saw sadness.
"Don't cry...we will meet...again..." I mutter softly with a weak smile before I fell into the darkness. Goodbye...Meliodas.

Meliodas' P.O.V
Liz is dead...106 times I've seen her die. This isn't fair...! As I held her in my arms I couldn't help but cry. I failed her...yet again.
"Again...Again...I couldn't save you. I'm sorry...Elizabeth." I mutter softly as I held onto her body tighter. Why can't we just be happy? Why were we punished only for loving one another?
"You bastard...stop trying to interfere in the ten commandments revival!" Fraudrin shouted angrily...he is responsible for Liz's death. He needs to pay the price.
"I don't know...how much longer I can hold on..." And before I knew it...I lost control. My demonic power killed what people were left. The fire burned...continued to burn for three days. Then...a baby cry was heard. A woman was grunting in pain as she held onto a baby protectively.
"Hang in there.." I spoke calmly as I got on my knees, I was about to carry them to safety but she shook her head. Why would she want to die?
"Please...I'm already going to die soon. Take care of my daughter...I beg of you...Sir knight..." As she handed me the baby I gasped. The child...was Elizabeth's 107th reincarnation.
"Elizabeth..." Tears began to drip down my cheeks. The woman smiled before death took her away. This time for sure...I will save Elizabeth.