Meliodas' Awakening | Angst

Elizabeth's P.O.V
The sun had begun to set...my first day was almost up. If only Meliodas would wake up...I miss his smile. He suffered for 3000 years because of me...I want to free him of this pain.
"Meliodas...I will always be with you." I mutter softly as I look down on my lap to look at Meliodas' sleeping face. If only...I was strong enough to save him back then. Wait...this presence!
"Chandler..." I mutter and looked behind me to see the sky slowly turning to night. It was at that moment that Meliodas had awakened! Chandler even began to bow with tears in his eyes..?
"Captain!" I looked towards the bar and see the sins walk out with shocked expressions. Meliodas floated up into the sky slightly as his grip around my waist tightened.
"Welcome back Master Meliodas!!" Chandler shouted with a cheerful voice and that's when I played closer attention to Meliodas. He's in his Assault Mode...just like when we first met. His eyes...they don't have that spark in them anymore.
"That form...the leader of the ten commandments; Meliodas!?" Hawk shouted as he shook in fear...it's true that Meliodas' demonic energy was overwhelming but I welcome it.
"No!! You're the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins...the dragon sin Meliodas!!" Ban shouted making Meliodas turn to look at him...I want to push him away but I can't bring myself to. I love him...
"I remember everything...you all were my precious friends." Meliodas spoke calmly...with no emotion in his voice at all. This can't be...!
"Were your precious friends...?" Escanor spoke sadly and my heart began to race. This is wrong...this feeling...it's just like back then!
"Chandler take me to Zeldris." Meliodas stated firmly as I held onto him tightly, I didn't want to leave the sins at all.
"Master...! You really intend to bring that woman with you!?" Chandler glared hatefully towards me and I flinched slightly. Why is this happening? I don't want this!
"I am and I will hear no complaints." Meliodas ordered seriously as I softly rubbed his cheek so he would face me instead of Chandler.
"Meliodas...what has happened to you?" I spoke softly as he leaned his forehead on mine.
"Just leave everything to me Elizabeth." Meliodas spoke reassuringly to me but can I really trust him in this moment? What is he planning...?
"Wait! What are you going to do with Sis-sis!?" Merlin shouted and he turned away from me to face her. He looked as if he wanted to kill them all...seeing him like this reminds me of how we first met. We fought back then too...then came to be friends and later on...lovers.
"Elizabeth is running out of time but by doing this...I can save her!" Meliodas declared firmly with no hesitation and I began to blush slightly. I should be afraid of him...but I can't.
"A way to save Elizabeth?! Then...let's combine our strength-!" Meliodas cut Diane off as he made his demonic energy swirl around the two of us as if he was warning them...does he really intend to hurt them!?
"Sorry but don't interfere anymore." Meliodas spoke calmly and I couldn't help but grasp onto his hand tightly.
"Meliodas don't talk to them that way...!" I blurted out and he shook his head...why is he acting this way? Could he truly have lost his emotions like Merlin said before? I was hoping...that they would come back once he woke up.
"I don't want to have to kill you.." Meliodas muttered bitterly and I felt myself losing hope...but I can't. Not yet...he needs help. My help...!
"Kill us...?" King muttered sadly and it began to anger Ban...he looked like he wanted to punch Meliodas.
"Captain! What the hell are you saying!?" Ban screamed angrily as he clenched his fist, Meliodas began to glare at them both.
"What's the way to save Elizabeth?" Merlin asked seriously and that's when it hit me...he couldn't possibly mean that!
"Meliodas you...it can't be!" I shouted and he soon nodded his head...he want's to become the king of demons?
"I myself...will become the Demon King!" Meliodas spoke firmly with determination in his eyes. No! If that happens...we will never meet again.
"Are you kidding me!? As if you'll become Demon King! Listen to me! You're the owner of a bar that makes the disgusting food ever!!" Hawk shouted as he ate one of those magical cubes he uses to transform. Once he got closer to us I looked at him sadly.
"Hawk..." I mutter softly and noticed how angry Meliodas looked when Hawk got closer.
"You think I never noticed...? You see us through this pig's eyes! You watched us suffer and had fun right Demon King...?" Meliodas grabbed onto Hawk's chin roughly and glared at him then threw him away from us. Luckily Hawk had been caught by Ban. Hawk must be connected to that world...Purgatory.
"Tell Gowther for me too...that the days I spent with you all weren't half bad." Meliodas spoke calmly and I made him face me just like before.
"Meliodas stop! Don't make stupid decisions on my behalf...!" I begged him to reconsider his choice and he couldn't even speak to me! All he did was shake his head at me...
"Let's go Chandler." Meliodas gestured for Chandler to come join him to which he eagerly agreed.
"Meliodas! Don't do this...!! Please!" I shouted with pleading eyes and he suddenly placed his lips...on mine. Moments later he pulled away.
"I must do this Elizabeth...for you. The Seven Deadly Sins...from here on is disbanded." And with that we began to fly away from our comrades...I can't just let Meliodas sacrifice himself for me like this...it's my turn to save him. Even if it costs me my life!