Whole Again | Angst/Fluff

Third Person's P.O.V

The Demon King had finally been defeated, but there was still no cause for celebration. Meliodas had the power his father once wielded, his overwhelming strength was too much for Britannia to handle and as a result...natural disasters began to destroy parts of the world. The male sins plus Hawk now knew the fate ahead for Meliodas...and their concern for Elizabeth's feelings on the matter. "Aren't you gonna tell Elizabeth?! You would leave her after everything and not say a word!?" Hawk shouted at the blonde, anger clearly evident in his eyes. "I tried, but...when I thought about how sad she would be I couldn't do it~!" Meliodas smiled sadly, his mind filled with thoughts about his beloved...would she still love him? Would she find someone else? Have kids..? "Meliodas you really are...an idiot!" Tears fell out of Hawk's eyes, returning to the Boar Hat with everyone to see how cheerful Elizabeth was. "Welcome back everyone~ How was your guy's day?" She giggled, smiling at her comrades only for them to avoid looking at her. "Wha-?" "They're just tired Elizabeth~ Why don't we get some fresh air and leave them be?" Nodding at Meliodas' suggestion they made their way outside, sitting on the grass as they looked up at the sky. "It's beautiful today isn't it? It was stormy just the other night!" Elizabeth spoke, noticing a flicker of sadness in her lover's eyes. "Meliodas? Are you alright...?" She questioned softly, placing her hand delicately over his. "I haven't been honest with you Elizabeth..." Meliodas trailed off, his hand gently squeezing hers as he tried to find the right words. "That you will disappear from this world...and go back to the Demon World right?" He quickly looked up at the goddess, seeing her kind eyes filled with sadness and understanding. "You knew...?" Meliodas whispered, watching as she nodded with a sad smile. "I just had a feeling..." Elizabeth admitted, letting go of the demon's hand as she stood up, looking at the beautiful scenery. "I don't want to leave you or the sins, but if I don't...then Britannia will be destroyed." He also stood, clenching his fist as all seven of his hearts ached at the thought of never seeing the sins or Elizabeth ever again...only watching them afar through Hawk. "Y-You wouldn't ask me to g-go with you..?" Her voice stuttering softly, tears slowly falling from her eyes as she turned around to face the demon. "Never! It's dangerous for a goddess in the Demon World!! If you got hurt because of me I-I could never forgive myself.." Elizabeth whimpered as it got difficult to hold back, covering her face as more tears began to fall. "What about me!? A world without you...is too painful! Let me come with you...I don't care what happens to me as long as I have you! So please..." Elizabeth begged, however it wasn't enough to change her lover's mind who was set on leaving her behind. "I'm sorry Elizabeth-" "I want one last moment with you...a memory I won't ever forget." With that Elizabeth pressed her lips on his, their clothes pulled off from each other ever so slowly...savoring the moment. "Meliodas..." "Elizabeth..."

TIMESKIP

The day Meliodas would finally return to the Demon World had arrived, having a small bag packed with things he couldn't bare to be without inside. "Captain don't forget us okay?!" Diane shouted, crying her eyes out as King did his best to comfort her. "How could I forget you guys? Always annoying me~!" He teased, earning a punch to the face by Diane. "Jerk!" She huffed, wiping away her tears as she did her best to smile. "See you...buddy." Ban spoke softly, his hand ready for their usual fist bump. "See ya Ban~ Take care of Elaine~!" He chuckled, fistbumping his best friend as his eyes now focused on Elizabeth...her eyes looking at the snow beneath their feet. "Elizabeth..." Meliodas whispered, walking up to the goddess with love in his eyes...this would be the last time he would ever see her. "Do you...really have to go?" She asked, facing her lover with tears dripping down her cheeks "Yeah...but don't you ever stop smiling okay? Make more memories now that your curse is lifted! Do things you couldn't do before...and most of all never change." Meliodas whispered, letting out a soft gasp as Elizabeth pulled him into a hug. "Goodbye Meliodas...I love you! I love you so much..." "I love you more remember? Goodbye..." Meliodas pulled his goddess closer, their lips meeting in a passionate kiss. Elizabeth falling to her knees as she cried...watching as Meliodas entered the portal to the Demon Realm without looking back, and watched as it closed. He was gone...she would never see him again. Time continued on as it always did, Ban and Elaine going off to travel the world, Diane and King returning to the Fairy King's forest, Merlin and Escanor remaining in Liones, Gowther going off on a journey of his own, and Hawk...well he chose to go to Purgatory and create a grave for his brother. Elizabeth sat on a chair that was in front of a window, giving her sunlight. "Hurry and come out soon little one.." She whispered, rubbing her belly with a sad smile on her face. The day she and Meliodas made love had also gotten her pregnant, going through such pain alone and without her lover. "How are you feeling Lady Elizabeth? Anything you need?" Escanor asked, walking into her room with a kind smile. "I'm alright Sir Escanor! Just thinking.." Elizabeth hummed, thinking back on the moment she returned home Bartra had asked her to become Queen and she refused, making Margaret the Queen of Liones. "Thinking about the captain...?" He asked, careful to not cause any stress for the mother to be. "Yes...I wonder if Meliodas knows? Maybe not...after all Hawk isn't here to give him insight of my life." Elizabeth thought of all the times she had with Meliodas, the way he made her feel...all of it.