The Flower We Saw That Day | Angst

Meliodas' P.O.V

For days on end we all worked hard to earn money to build our own fireworks for Elizabeth's sake, but... how can I just accept that I'll lose her all over again? I know that it's wrong of me to want to keep her ghost here despite dying years ago...but I can't help it. "Why did you guys call me over and not bring Elizabeth?" I spoke with a confused look in my eyes, even if they couldn't see her ghost...they refused to believe she came back in spirit till Elizabeth herself gave them proof. All of us had worked hard...to grant Elizabeth's wish and yet she didn't disappear and part of me was happy she stayed. "Why do you think Elizabeth didn't go to heaven?" Ban spoke firmly, the others looked nervous as they awaited my answer. "Because it wasn't her wish? Or...our feelings weren't genuine! Did we really want to grant Elizabeth's wish for her sake or our own?" Elaine whispered softly, and that's when I begun to realize they had their doubts just like I did. "I-I wanted Elizabeth to go to heaven...because I couldn't win over Meliodas! Even if she's dead...Elizabeth is all he can think about!! I thought that if she finally got to heaven...I could have a chance, but no matter what Meliodas will always love Elizabeth! Why do I feel this way...? I hate this ugly part of me...!" Diane fell to her knees, crying as she looked up at the night sky...her tears glistening in the moonlight. "I wanted Elizabeth to go to heaven for my own sake...I hated the fact only Meliodas could see her." Ban admitted with saddened eyes, how could I not have seen it? He loved her too...so of course it would hurt that he couldn't see her. "I wanted Elizabeth to be happy...and for her to forgive me! I was there that day...the day she drowned. I saw her tumble down the hill and fall in the water! I tried to save her...but I was too late, I was the one who reported her death." King admitted, covering his face as he began to scream in agony. We all had pain that could never be erased...the pain Elizabeth was unaware of. "I too had my selfish reasons for wanting to send Elizabeth to heaven...I was hurt that Ban loved her, I knew that I could never win. Even so, the one I was jealous of...was you Diane. You know Ban better than I do...with Elizabeth gone I knew you would be her replacement. I'm sorry...!" Elaine admitted, wiping away her tears as she tried to remain strong. "I didn't want to let Elizabeth go...I never got to apologize for what I said before. I never got to tell her...how much I loved her! I..." I trailed off, why do our desires matter? Elizabeth's wish to go to heaven and reincarnate is what's most important...this isn't the time to be selfish. "Let's send Elizabeth off with a smile, for real this time! Go and get her...right captain~?" Ban smirked, his arm draped over my shoulder as I nodded. This time for sure Elizabeth...we will help you get to heaven.

Third Person's P.O.V

Meliodas had his friends meet up at their secret base, running as fast as he could back home and to Elizabeth...only to see her laying on the ground with a weak smile on her face. "E-Elizabeth...!" Meliodas gasped, rushing towards her and yanked her close as she continued to smile. "Looks like my wish has been granted after all...I remember now, the promise I made to Zeldris." Elizabeth whispered, closing her eyes as she began to reminisce their talk.

FLASHBACK

"Hey Elizabeth, my annoying brother doesn't cry even if he has to watch me suffer...even if I am excited to be reincarnated or whatever I worry about him." Zeldris admitted, look out the window from his hospital room with saddened eyes. "I'll definitely make Meliodas cry! I promise okay~?" Elizabeth spoke with a determined look in her eyes, hugging Zeldris to reassure him...everything would be okay even when he would go away. "Idiot~ But thanks...Elizabeth."

FLASHBACK ENDS

"Even after Zeldris' death...you still hadn't cried, I could tell you held back to not worry about others so I assumed you cried in secret. But Zeldris wanted you to be able to cry in front of your friends...to not hold back anymore." Elizabeth spoke softly, her see-through hand gently touching his cheek after wiping away his tears. "Elizabeth-" "But I prefer to see you smiling...Meliodas. It's almost time..." Elizabeth whispered, her body getting more see-through each second. "No! Not yet...you can't say goodbye just to me!! I came here to take you to the secret base...everyone is waiting for you!!" Meliodas put her on his back, running quickly toward the secret base. Afraid Elizabeth wouldn't make it by the time they got there.. "Meliodas..." Elizabeth whispered, closing her eyes as she tried to conserve her energy...desperately wanting to see the others again. Eventually reaching the base... "Everyone I brought-!" Meliodas gasped, no longer feeling the weight of Elizabeth on his back. "E-Elizabeth...? Where are you!? Elizabeth!! Stop playing around...!!" Meliodas screamed as he looked around, however he was unable to see Elizabeth. "No..." Elizabeth thought to herself, she was still there...but Meliodas couldn't see her now. "Elizabeth must have..." Elaine trailed off as she covered her mouth to muffle her cries. "I-It's a game of hide and seek...!!" Elizabeth shouted, thankful that Meliodas was still able to hear her. "Hide and seek...? Elizabeth please...I need to see you just one more time!" Meliodas begged, not hearing a reply he ran off into the woods and called for her with his friends by his side...refusing to give up. "Not yet, please...just a little longer." Elizabeth whispered to herself, grabbing a pen as she wrote goodbye notes using the paper in her diary. "The sun is rising...Elizabeth had to have already disappeared." Ban punched the tree in anger as they arrived at a small clearing, each in tears of losing Elizabeth all over again. "Wait...look there!" Diane pointed up ahead to a tree, papers with their names beside it.

"𝑻𝒐 𝑬𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆."

"𝑻𝒐 𝑫𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒆, 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆."

"𝑻𝒐 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆."

"𝑻𝒐 𝑩𝒂𝒏, 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆."

"𝑻𝒐 𝑴𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒔, 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖...𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒆."

"Elizabeth...y-you idiot!!" Diane screamed as she held the letter close to her heart, the tears unable to stop falling from her eyes. "I made it in time..." Elizabeth thought to herself, leaning against the tree as she watched her friends cry over her. "This is hide and seek right!? T-The game can't end unless we find you dammit...!!" Meliodas screamed as he tightened his hold on his letter, everyone screaming in perfect harmony. "ARE YOU READY?!" They all screamed, causing tears to fall from Elizabeth's eyes. "I'm ready...!!" She screamed back, shocked to see everyone could see her now...Meliodas walking closer to her. "Elizabeth..." "That isn't what you should be saying dummy Meliodas...now please, end the game." Elizabeth spoke softly, standing from her place on the ground as she looked into his emerald eyes...committing them to memory. "I will be reincarnated...and I will get to see everyone again! Please...Meliodas." Meliodas nodded, ignoring the pain that began to overwhelm him...for Elizabeth. "ELIZABETH...WE FOUND YOU!" Everyone shouted in unison, making her smile as tears of joy fell from her eyes. "You found me..." Elizabeth giggled sadly, closing her eyes as she faded away...returning to heaven. "Elizabeth..." Meliodas whispered, smiling as he looked up at the sky...knowing that wherever Elizabeth ended up being reincarnated, she was happy.

                  ••••••••••••••••••••
sofiewrites19 Hope I made you cry teehee :P

Based off the anime Anohana!! It'll make sense if you've seen the anime! ♡