Chapter 69

NamJoon entered his living room after having taken a shower as he purposely had come from his office to do so after all the sleepless hours he had gone through. A relaxing shower would sure freshen him up as well as some food which he intended to go eat right now before he goes to take some hours of sleep that he so much needed. 

With such plans in his head for his day, he had started roaming around his fridge for some food only to realize that the only thing he had left that was still edible was cereal. The news definitely weren't pleasant but what else could he do but order something and wait for it to arrive at this point. He surely regretted a bit the fact that he declined to take food from SooLin the last time he was there for the purpose of meeting you since if he had taken on her offer his fridge would have been packed now.

It's okay. It's not like her food tastes better.

He told himself as he got out of the kitchen in search of his phone but as the seconds past, he couldn't help but exhale a deep sigh knowing that what he thought was a lie. Everything tasted better when she was to have made it for him and that was a fact that surely made him feel more pathetic than he in generally does when it comes to his hopes of a different relationship with her.

He was the one that some days ago had decided that there was no point in hanging onto such hopes yet here he was, his heart still being the same as it had been for years on end. Just why did he have to have a heart that loves only one for so long and no other woman wavers it no matter how breathtaking they may have been? If you were to think about it, his tread was as good as it was bad, because his heart had just gone and fallen for someone that will never be his, dooming him into a life long one-sided love. And that sure was painful. Loving without ever taking anything back was like a poison that kills you slowly and he knew that well. That was why he now more than ever was mad and angry at himself and wanted to move forward for his own good. Maybe someday he will find the one that he will love and she will return those feelings equally.

"Ah finally!" He exclaimed as after some minutes of search among the pillows of his couch he ended up noticing his phone under the table. How it had reached there he didn't know but what did it matter as long as it was functional still.

NamJoon grabbed it and he felt relief as the screen light up , letting him know that it was not damaged but then his eyebrows furrowed as he saw that he had thirteen missed calls from Jimin. Worried about what he might have needed him to call him, he immediately called him back only for Jimin to tell him to open his door and hand up, without giving NamJoon a chance to say anything back.

 He was clearly perplexed for a second but he still walked up to his main door and opened it, only to come face to face with his friend who just got inside without speaking to him.

"What happened?" NamJoon asked him after he closes the door and followed Jimin to his living room, taking notice of the bag he was carrying with him which made a loud thud as he dropped it on the floor next to the couch before Jimin proceeded to drop his body there as well.

"I got fired." Was all Jimin replied with to him and NamJoon stayed silent for a moment, his mind making some assumptions as to why that happened then he went and took a seat by his side, waiting for Jimin to say something more but he just kept quiet, forcing NamJoon to drag the conversation where he thought that it should be.

"Because you completed your.. mission I assume" He cautiously spoke and Jimin just left his gaze avert to the other side, away from him, giving him to understand that it was so.

"You did well. With the dept out of your way now you will be able to manage better your living expenses and you won't need to ever get involved in anything dirty again. You erased a big weight from your family's shoulders. Now you can start living life a bit more for yourself." NamJoon continued, speaking only of the positive things that this brings to Jimin as he knew that his friend probably needed to hear those words because he was obviously hurt.