Chapter 15

Jimin kept tossing and turning on his bed, unable to sleep. The time was almost four in the morning yet his eyes stayed wide open, staring at the ceiling while the same thoughts kept occupying his mind.

He knew well that he had gotten involved in something that might not end well for him as the other times fortunately he had. It was strange how this situation had made him more anxious than the first time he broke the law.

However even back then and every time after, the only reason he did all the things he did was his family. Their economy was always in pieces and he was the head of the family. He had to provide for them in any way he could. He was merely a barman so of course coping up with a big debt that he had to pay off as well as the medication of his paralyzed father and the two kids that had needs, was never something easy to be done. But he had worked hard, stepped wherever it took to step in order to have his family not struggling.

However he struggled alone all along and his sister knew that well but he never wanted to show it because he was aware that she would feel guilty and sorry towards him. She had said that she is stealing his youth from him by being a burden to him. She had cried alone many times while putting her children to sleep and he knew it all. That was why he never regretting doing anything if it meant their smiles.

But this time around he seems that he had stepped in a situation that he would be better off without it. However running away was not an option because he was determined to take that money by fulfilling his part of the deal with Tae Yong and because he didn't want to let you die. You were a human after all so if he could save someone's life he definitely would do that. To not mention that you also seemed too innocent to him to deserve to be murdered.

He could see it in your eyes, the depression veiling behind your polite behavior. Your thin smiles and proper posture. The way you stayed quiet and mostly pretended to listen. He had also noticed that your relationship with TaeYong didn't seem as one of two newlyweds should have. And even though he knew what his feelings towards you were since he offered him this deal, he understood that you didn't care much for him either.

He should have been happy about that fact because it was something that would make his job easier but it had also put him in suspicions. Why would you marry someone you don't like. Now knowing about Choi Min Hee and your connection with her, he couldn't help but wonder if your reason of marrying TaeYong had something to do with her death as well.

From the moment he saw the date of her death earlier on the files namjoon showed him, he couldn't forget it because it reminded him of a date that he had seen while researching on the internet about you after the incident by the pool.

Two days after her death, in the news it was announced that you had a relationship with TaeYong as he was seen by a reporter getting out of a house where you were at. From that moment on he couldn't help thinking that maybe somehow all this was connected and it might lead to a bigger picture that he unfortunately was unable to discover, making him lose sleep.

"Screw this." He gave up eventually a bit frustrated that he couldn't figure it out and stood up from his bed, intending to go grab some water from the kitchen to calm himself and maybe help him sleep later.

He didn't bother to put on a shirt as he was sleeping top less as per usual, having on only his pajama pants then he proceeded down the corridor towards the kitchen, knowing that at this hour everyone must be asleep.

However as he reached on the kitchen's door, he noticed a light coming from upstairs that even though it was at a distance, because of the fact that everything else was dark, that light drew too much attention.

He ruffled his hair in wonder before getting into the kitchen and proceeded to do what he came there to do , however as he was about to leave, somehow his curiosity didn't let him return to his bedroom.