Chapter 41

SooLin was standing by the bed of her child, softly caressing his hair as the kid had fallen asleep. Her eyes were glassy still even though the doctor had reassured her that SuJae would be fine however the fear inside her had yet to calm down.

It was so hard for her to withstand such things especially after the lose of her husband. Her kids were all she had and she couldn't imagine how to live if something was to happen to any of them. The thought only penetrated her, bringing tears to her eyes.

She leaned slowly and pecked his forehead, before she grabbed his hand and held it close to her cheek, thanking God that he hadn't taken her son away from her.

"I will be a better mother, i promise you my baby. I won't allow anything like this to happen to you again. Mom is sorry that got you through such pain. Please forgive mommy, yes?Sujae?" She talked to his sleeping figure, guilt dripping from her words, revealing the torturing thoughts of blame that she was carrying.

" SooLin. Don't say that. "A voice spoke behind her and she reflexively turned around only to face Namjoon whom had happened to enter right when she was saying those words.

" You are a great mother. Don't doubt that even for a second. This wasn't your fault, it was just an incident. He is gonna be alright." He spoke out loud all his momentary thoughts with a burning passion as he felt like her words had offended him in a way, but he actually had gotten mad at the fact that SooLin was being harsh on herself at that moment, causing her pain.

He stepped closer to her and grabbed her by her shoulders, his eyes firmly looking at her, with a hint of frustration.

"I won't let you say such things for someone that I know well that would give her life for her kids. Just because we are talking about you, don't assume i will let you bad mouth someone i appreciate in front of my eyes." He stated, as he felt his heart diving in sadness, witnessing her teary eyes, that soon left those tears roll down her cheek, before she unexpectedly threw herself on his embrace and buried her face on his chest, crying silently.

Namjoon was taken aback by SooLin's action for an instant however he soon got himself together and placed his arms around her, to gift her the comfort she momentarily needed.

---Time skip---

"Seriously, there is no need to Jimin" You told him for the fifth time already as he opened the door of the rooftop of the hospital, where he had been persistent on taking you from the moment he entered into your room and you had told him to leave you a bit alone.

At the beginning he had compiled however that lasted ten minutes before he returned to your room, suggesting that you follow him to the rooftop to see the sunrise.

"We both need a calm moment. This will be the perfect opportunity. I carried you all the way here, so why are you still complaining?" He said as he looked your way, making you look away out of embarrassment.

This guy, not only was he persistent to see the sunrise with you but also didn't hesitate one bit to lift you in his arms when you presented as a valid excuse the weak state of your body. It was obvious that nothing was gonna stop him from doing this with you and somehow you had wondered if he was trying to get your mind off of what his best friend had told you.

He placed you on one of the benches that were on the momentarily empty space, you two being the only people up there at that time,then he took off his jacket and placed it over your shoulders to make sure you won't be cold. As he was doing so, he flashed you a smile before finally settling beside you.

You stayed quiet as you watched only ahead at the sky that had started getting brighter while your thoughts on the contrary, had dived into dark thoughts and feelings. Thoughts that got cut by the feeling of a hand grabbing yours and filling it with warmth.