Chapter 31

TaeYong  had his focus on some papers that he was reading in his office when LeeGuk entered his working space. He didn't even bother to tear his eyes away even though he heard that someone was approaching as whoever it was would talk at some point and his friend indeed did that however the words he said to TaeYong's displeasure, broke his focused state.

"BaRam called just now. She said she met Y/N at the mall." LeeGuk took his seat at a chair as he talked and once he looked at TaeYong he could clearly tell that his interruption had ruined his mood.

"And why do i need to know exactly?  Doesn't your cousin have anything better to do than report about other people's whereabouts?" He replied , in the tone of his voice visible the dislike he held towards that nosey woman.

"Obviously she hasn't but i am glad she called because some of the things she said grows an alertness." TaeYong finally lifted his eyes from the papers and looked at his friend, clearly wondering what was there to be alert.

"She said that everyone has been rather curious why after you and Y/N returned from the honeymoon , you haven't been seen together anywhere. We don't need people doubting your loving relationship for now so that's alerting. You should better take care of that." LeeGuk made his point clear as it would be to their benefit if the affair of Y/N comes as an unexpected shock and the husband has the image of a guy who loved her and did so much to please her but TaeYong till now had been focused only on his work and he had to correct that at least for the public eye.

TaeYong exhaled deeply as he heard that and let the papers fall to his desk ,expressing  without hesitation how bothersome that was for him as not only he had to make time to go to silly dates with you but also pretend to be happy while on them and to be honest , the atmosphere between you two only friendly that wasn't most of the time so it was hard. At the beginning he always used to do his best at being friendly towards you and looking loving. He had even kissed your forehead goodnight the night you had returned from your honeymoon . He shivered at the recalling of the memory for an instant.

"Do you really think that such a thing is a good idea? In the current situation that me and Y/N are and after she displayed clearly how she seems to have some grudges towards me regarding her friend. Let's face it, being at her presence would be hell for both of us." He admitted ,letting aside the fact that he wanted to keep a distance from you because he didn't like much to be reminded of your friend and seeing your cold stare towards him , does nothing but make him recall his wrong doing.

"I am aware of that but if you get friendly , then you will confuse her. She will start doubting your intentions , especially if you are good to her even when people are not around. Try to give the image that you are innocent of everything and she is just being mean to you for no reason." LeeGuk explained then a smiled cracked up on his lips." Wow i just put the word 'you' and 'innocent' at the same sentence." He added then his smile broke to a laughter as he found it ironic.

" Every time I spend more than five minutes with you, you make me wonder why haven't i killed you yet." TaeYong told him as he really didn't appreciate his friend's sense of humor.

" It's simple, it's because you are too soft and you can't even kill a fly." LeeGuk smiled as he stood up to leave, giving him a light wave as he walked away and TaeYong left a bothersome breath leave his mouth as he now had to think of ways to be more nice to you.

---time skip ---

You had left the mall in order to make sure you don't run into any of them again and you had ended up at a cafe library at a seat by the window . You had picked a random book and your hot chocolate had just arrived and you took the cup and wraped your palms around it, feeling its warmth. You took a sip as you kept looking outside, waiting for Jimin to return as you had send him at the bakery opposite the street to take you some freshly baked  croissants that would fit perfectly with your hot chocolate drink.