Chapter 8

He observed his breathing as it became steam because of the low temperature of the night, in which he was hidden, waiting for Manuel to appear as he had messaged him to meet up.

He had thought about it and had decided to go since you closed yourself into your room after that small talk in his room and he was practically staying around doing nothing.

Jimin shot his head to his right as footsteps reached to his ears and soon the figure of Manuel appeared in his sight, stepping farther into the dark alley at the end of which he was waiting for him.

"Why did you call me for?" Jimin asked him immediately getting to the point as it wasn't pleasant for him being at his company.

"Why were you with the target Jimin?" Was all Manuel said back, freezing Jimin's blood at the fact that he knew already.

"Where you the one trying to shoot her earlier?" He retorted, his eyes harsh on him as he had composed himself quickly.

"I wasn't but i was with the one that was supposed to do the job that you declined." He stated nonchalantly before leaning on the wall right opposite Jimin.

"You do know that if the client knew that you had rejected after seeing the file, you should have been eliminated right?" Manuel reminded him, something Jimin knew as rejecting after seeing the information was risky for the other part because the less people knew the better. It was a murder after all.

" I am not gonna thank you for it, if that's what you are implying. "Jimin locked eyes with him, his words telling Manuel that he wasn't going to forget his betrayal that easily.

" It's okay, i own you this much but you also own to not get involved in my business Jimin. You shouldn't have been there. "He stated and Jimin fell silent as he was thinking that he indeed shouldn't have been involved but he didn't knew that it was her till she saw her and by then it was too late because he had accepted TaeYong's offer.

" It wasn't intended. I just got a job as her.. Butler. I didn't know till i saw her." He admitted his eyes traveling to his feet.

"I don't care what you are, just don't save her next time. You are being an obstacle and i can't save you forever. Do you understand me?" Manuel made two steps towards him as he said those words indicating that it wasn't in his hands to protect him, if he was to become a problem for his client.

" Give me some time. I need to finish my job first then you can do whatever you want with her. Just give me some time." Jimin told him, his eyes stable as he somehow made him feel like he was demanding that of him and not making a request.

Manuel went quiet for a moment, thinking about this as he was perplexed with what to do but seeing Jimin's eyes that didn't bulge, he sighed.

"Deal. But if you tell anyone about this, it's not only her life that will be in danger. Better think with your mind rather than your heart buddy." He stated before turning around and leaving, Jimin not even bothering to glance at him as he vanished from the alley.

He couldn't help but lean his head back on the wall, taking in the sight of the night sky, his parted in two styled pink hair falling smoothly on his partially revealed forehead. His mind getting filled with thoughts.

If he was to tell someone the best person would be Namjoon, since he is a police officer and he could help him find out who Manuel's client is and maybe catch him before his time runs out. However the words Manuel had just told him had awoken fear inside him, because he wasn't alone.

If someone of his family was to get hurt because he was trying to protect a stranger he shouldn't even care about, he would definitely be devastated.

He shook his head, getting rid of this negative thoughts as he told himself that he wasn't going to let anything like that happen. For now he should take things one by one and focus on his job.

He walked away of the alley while reaching for his phone and taking notice of the clock that was being displayed on his lock screen that had the picture of his nephews on it making him smile fondly, instead of paying attention at the time, which was the reason why he pulled out his phone to begin with.

At that moment he realized he hadn't called home yet so he decided to do so, in hopes that he could hear their voices if they hadn't went to sleep already.

---change of set---

TaeYong stormed in his office, unbuttoning his jacket angrily as his friend LeeGuk followed after.

"You shouldn't be so pissed. At least the meeting is over." He told him, giving him a positive aspect of the nerve-wracking hours that they passed in there.

"Yeah right. Remind me again why did i got into politics?" He asked before letting his body plop on his chair, his hand pushing back his hair in irritation.

"You wouldn't like my answer." Was all LeeGuk said to gain a death stare from his friend before TaeYong told him to shut up and the room fell in silence.

"Shouldn't you be heading home by now. Y/N is all day long alone you know." His friend pointed out making TaeYong scoff at his words.

"Like I care. She could die and i still wouldn't care." He responded and his friend just took his seat on the chair opposite his desk as he responded "Of course not, it would benefit you to get freed of her in any way after all."

His words felt like they were letting linger a hidden meaning underneath them and TaeYong threw his eyes at him, a serious expression now ghosting over his facial futures.

"Don't you have anything better to do?" He asked him and LeeGuk just smiled before leaning back on the chair making himself comfortable.

"I am just making sure you don't make the same mistakes. We both know after all that the subject of death doesn't leave you as uninterested as you like to show." TaeYong stood up at those words having heard enough of him.

"I am going home" He stated as he grabbed his stuff and approached the door, LeeGuk's words reaching his ears just before he exited the room. "Say Hi to Your wife for me when you see her."

---Time skip---

Jimin reached at the outer pool as he had just gotten back and he didn't felt like he wanted to go to sleep, so he instead was taking a walk around the big mansion that he was now going to live in as a worker.

His feet halted for a moment as he looked ahead towards the wall that was at a distance, recalled the incident earlier. He quickly shook that thought away though as he continued walking, thinking of just finishing his circle around the house and just get inside as it was pretty cold.

As he kept walking, his eyes kept looking around till at a moment that he looked up, his eyes fell on your figure standing at your balcony, staring up at the sky.

The clothes you were wearing were too thin as you had hugged your body and all he could see from down where he was was your neck that came into perfect view, thing that made him smile.

He hadn't realized he was staring till he felt some wet liquid touching his skin, soon realizing that raindrops had started falling.

He saw that you had noticed them too and as you turned around to leave and go back inside, he got a glimpse of your face that seemed sad.

He stood there as he watched the curtains closing and you were no longer in sight, his jacket having started to get drenched as the down pour had become vicious.

He laughed at himself as he thought that this was the second time today that he had gotten drenched to the bones because of the same person. Then he hurried inside not knowing that his bright pink hair were hard to miss in the darkness and that you were watching him, behind those closed curtains.

---To be continued.....