Chapter 39

"Jimin" You didn't hesitate to call his name as you straighten your posture and he turned around immediately, his face displaying the surprise of seeing you there as he had left you in your room just some minutes ago.

"Y/N. Why are you up? You need something?" His expression smoothly changed to a softer one as he stepped in front of the guy who he was speaking with, in a way, his body acting like a barrier in between you and the stranger.

"Oh shit!" Namjoon muttered lowly under his breath as he wasn't expecting to see you.

"Is that why you are in the hospital?" He questioned Jimin near his ear, as till now he had yet to think of why had Jimin been in the hospital.

"Yes, i will explain later. Now shut up and act normal." He replied to Namjoon in between a smile which he kept on his face as you slowly approached closer to them.

Once at a close enough distance you looked at him then at the guy whom he was trying to hide behind him but was failing to do so because of the small height difference the two had. You met eyes with the stranger and you slightly bowed your head to him, giving him a well mannered and proper greeting.

"Won't you introduce me with your friend Jimin?" You asked him as your eyes traveled back to him and he stepped aside before doing exactly that.

"This is my boss. Currently here because of a small incident. And Y/N, this is my best friend. Namjoon." He spoke calmly, hiding well the fact that he would prefer if this moment was never to occur, as you getting to know anyone of his close circle wasn't the best.

" It's nice to meet you Mrs Lee. I am Kim Namjoon. "Namjoon bowed at you properly as he introduced himself and you appreciated his action. After you returned the bow, you fixed your body on your proper Lady posture, despite the fact that you were wearing only your pijamas.

" It's a pleasure to meet you as well Mr Kim." You replied with a faint smile that was a signature of politeness that you carried.

" Why are you out of your room Y/N? Are you not feeling well?" Jimin drew your attention away from Namjoon intentionally and you looked his way while giving him a small negative answer with a head movement.

"I found something earlier and i got out to find the owner." You replied truthfully then you observed as the two men looked briefly at each other.

"Earlier? When?" Jimin raised an eyebrow at you as to his current knowledge you hadn't left the room from the moment the doctors had brought you in.

"When you weren't around. However i suppose there is  a problem with the object that i found." You replied having decided right there and then that you are  gonna confront the stranger straight up for what was written in that notebook of his.

"What is it?" You heard Jimin's voice as you were looking at Namjoon and your hand pulled out of your pant's pocket the small brown leather notebook which Namjoon seemed to recognise as his eyes grew wide at the sight of it.

"It seems the owner of if that bumped on me earlier coincidentaly has something in common with me." You responded before reaching out your hand with the notebook towards Namjoon making it clear that you knew it was his and his shock was visible on his facial expression as he understood well what you must be referring too.

"Excuse me?" Jimin spoke quiet perplexed as well as uneasy with the stare you were giving his friend and his uneasy feeling grew more once Namjoon's face grew serious and he swiftly retrieved the notebook from your hold , putting it back in the pocket of his coat.

"Mrs Lee. Please, could you spare me a moment of your time?" He said and you left a thin smile reach to your lips before turning around, leading the way back to your room where you will be alone and unbothered to continue a conversation.

"What? Wait. What are you gonna talk about?" JImin grabbed Namjoon's arm preventing him to leave further away from him and he just looked at him, before telling him to wait there.

" But Hyung.." Jimin protested however NamJoon walked away this time, as it was his duty as a police officer to address this case seriously. Yes, it was rather unfortunate that you had found out but as a professional he couldn't decline a proper conversation with someone whom the victim was important to .

---change of set---

LeeGuk pulled away the covers of his bed and stepped out of their warmth, still half asleep as he was. He rubbed his face a bit before getting up on his two feet and leaving his room, with destination his kitchen , where he was planning to drink a bit of water.

It was pretty common for him to get thristy in the middle of the night and he usually keeps a glass of water on his commode but this time he seemed to have forgotten to refill it , his mistake bringing him all the way down to the second floor of his apartment . He successfully went down the stairs without tripping anywhere as he hadn't turned any lights on ,however as soon as he stepped at the end of those stairs he felt chills running down his spine. A cold breeze had engulfed his living room even though he was sure that he had the heaters on.

He stepped towards the living room instead out of curiousity and there he saw the door of the balcony wide open and the back of a man, sitting on his couch. A figure he had met  before in his life and had wished for their encounters to be as less as possible  but unfortunately, his wish didn't seem to have been fulfilled.

"I was about to wake you up. You did good that you spared me those stairs." The man spoke without turning around to face him however LeeGuk was sure that he must be smiling. The same smile he well remembers and much despises.

" Mr Lee. What brings you here?" LeeGuk responded calmly as he instantly put himself together, hidding the unpleasant visit of TaeYong's father.

" Come here." The man's tone of voice was authoritative as he ordered him to get in front of him, instead of remaining behind his back as LeeGuk was and he slowly did as he was asked even though the way he had talked to him had more than bothered him.

"Tell me. Is something wrong with TaeYong? " Mr. Lee asked , his eyes meeting LeeGuk's . A gaze strong and serious, belonging to a man whom had good control over his life and his surroundings. Or at least someone that had such a reputation.

"Nothing specific Sr. He is just stressed with work as always." LeeGuk reassured him with lies as there was no way he would tell him the truth even though he knew well how his position by TaeYong's side was supposed to serve him . LeeGuk had grew up with his son, because this man had allowed him so. They were best friend's from a young age, because from all the poor class people , Mr Lee had only accepted LeeGuk as a fitting company for his son. For a son of a maid that passed away some years after having him, LeeGuk sure must feel honored and grateful to Mr Lee that kept him in and helped him stand in his feet as he was today. However LeeGuk only grateful that wasn't towards him. Because unlike for what this man is taking him, he wasn't stupid.

"Are you sure? He has been looking strange lately. " The man persisted one more time as he got up from his seat and faced LeeGuk up closer.

"Of course there is nothing to worry Sr. If it was,, i would have informed you." He replied as he kept the eye contact stable in order to be believable and Mr Lee nodded his head a bit after as a sign that he accepted that it might have been just his imagination .

"Good then. Continue on." Mr Lee took his leave and LeeGuk stood there looking at him till he opened the door and left. Together with the man, leaving also  from his face his proper facial expression.

He wasn't someone that would get angry or frustrated easily as it was in his nature to be more comedic and carefree  however when it comes to this man, the anger that he has closed inside him, is too big to not surface even for a moment. A man whom he should be thankful because he had displayed his good heart, raising an orphan bastard that one of his maids had brought to life. A bastard who had came to know well whom his father was even though he also knew that he was never allowed to mention such a thing.

How the hell does he figures my house password every time? I have to change it again.

He questioned as he walked forward to do so, hoping that the future won't hold more unexpected visits of his father.

---To be Continued.......