29 • betrayals

"Hello?"
"Benjamin I want to talk" I breath out quickly before I chicken out.
there's a pause.
"I don't think that's a good idea Lillian.." he trails off on the other end of the phone.
"Please?" I ask flopping back on my bed.
He takes a deep breath.
"Ok. Meet me at the center park at 1."
"Thank you. I'll see then"
"Yeah. Ok bye."

I hang up my phone and set it on my bed look at the time. 11.
I quickly put my hair up and head downstairs.
"Lillian we aren't surfing today" Ashton announces sitting on the couch watching tv.
"That's ok I have plans today anyway. But why aren't you surfing?" I ask coming around the corner.

"Crystal and Micheal are going to the beach on date and I have to drive Calum to an eye appointment cause his eyes will be dilated." He explains flipping the channel.
I nod.

I head into the kitchen and find the rest of the boys.
"Hey Lillian, we aren't going-"
"I heard" I cut Micheal off. He nods drinking his coffee.
"I have plans anyway" I causally say heading to the coffee machine.
Luke raises his eye brows. "With who?" He asks sorting through the mail on the counter.
I shrug. "A friend." And walk out.

"Where you going to?" Ashton asks continuing our conversation and I sit beside him on the couch now with coffee.
"I'm going to talk with Benjamin." I mumble looking out the screen doors at the ocean.
"Ah. Yeah that did not end well..." he trains off.
"Yeah, I feel awful."
"Don't. It wasn't your fault, you're going through a lot." He reassures causally laying his arm along the top of the couch above me.
I nod.
"What's going on with you and Calum?" He suddenly asks.
"I don't know. Luke doesn't like it, and we didn't like arguing. So we kinda agreed that he stays away from my friend and I kinda step away from Calum."
"That's bullshit." Ashton says looking to me.

I just sigh knowing he was kinda right. But I also knew no one else was going to get it.
"Lillian it shouldn't matter if Calum or Aubrey is you guys' friends. Just get with who you want."
"I agree, my issue was how hypocritical he was being." I say crossing my arms.
He nods. "I get it."

I go upstairs and start to get ready after a while. I take a long shower and head to my room to get ready. I don't feel like dressing up so I just wear a causal shirt and jeans. I couldn't dress up even if I wanted to, I haven't washed clothes. In fact, I have no clean underwear or bras so I have to wear a bikini under my clothes instead. That's a tonight problem.
I head downstairs and see Luke watching tv.

"Hey. Everyone already left." Luke says turning behind him to see me coming down the stairs.
"I see that" I say coming around.
"Who are you hanging out with?"he asks continuing the conversation from this morning.
"Oh just meeting Benjamin"
He looks at me and raises an eye brow.
"You sure that's a good idea?" He asks. I nod. He sighs then nods again. "Alright, you can take my car" he says pointing to his keys hanging up.
"Alright thanks Luke!" I say grabbing his keys.
"Wait, Lil come here for a sec!" He calls when i make it close to the door. "What's up?" I say and he pays the spot beside him.
I sit beside him on the couch and he shifts to make eye contact.
"Are you okay?"
I nod.
"No lil, I mean it."
"Im okay Luke. Really, I am" I say and he sighs.
"Okay. Be safe kiddo"

I drive over to the center park and as soon as I get out and start walking I see Benjamin sitting on a bench on his phone, he looks up and smiles in a more of a polite than happy smile.

"Hey." He says awkwardly. "Hey" I breath out and awkwardly and sit beside him.
"So...I just really want to explain everything."
I say looking at him and he hesitantly nods.

"Please fucking do because I am so confused."
"Ok so. From the beginning." I take a deep breath.
"Four boys came to me and told me they were my brother's best friends. They told me they they promised him they'd take care of me if anything happen. ..they were my bullies back in school. I agreed to move in with them this summer, they really seemed to have changed."

"Wait you moved in with your old bullies?? The same one you complained to me about in high school??" He asks confused.

"Yes, kind of. It's complicated. They were Sam's roommates, then they convinced me and I moved into his old room."
"What the hell?" He comments
"I know" I breath out staring off at the pigeons.

"Why did you lie to me and tell me you were living with your mum?" He asked standing up.
I take a deep breath.
"I thought it was easier to not correct you than explain my situation." I pause.

"But that's not all...." I start but Ben cuts me off.
"There's more?! You broke my heart, ghosted me, then told me to meet you here just so you can explain all the ways you lied to me?!" He asks raising his voice standing.
I stand up
"Its not like that! It's really complicated! I didn't mean to-" he spins in a circle with a hand through his hair before cutting me off
"You know what? What the fuck did you mean to do Lil?" He asks upset.
"Ben I'm trying to say I've been going through a lot"
"Oh and I haven't!?" He yells.
I shake my head and close my eyes for a moment.
"Ben I was switched at birth!" I admit and he freezes.

"Unbelievable. You can't own up to what you did so you come up with some fuck load of excuses?!"
"It's not an excuse or lie! It's the truth-"
I am cut off when he lands a hard slap on the side of my face. I stand back in shock.
"What the fuck Ben?! I'm telling the truth!" I yell touching my face.
He lunges and pushes my shoulders back hard. it makes me stumble back and fall hard on the concrete. My face falls and hits the rough surface and I lie there in shock.
"Ben!"
"Do me a favor and choke on your excuses." He mumbles harshly and storms off.

I pull up in the house and sit in car for a moment. What the fuck just happened.
I don't feel anything, I'm just in numb. Well on the inside. I wish I felt numb on the outside too. I glance in the review mirror and see the number done on my face. I sigh.
I finally get out and open the door and hang his keys.
I look around and don't see Luke.
I sigh. I figure I'd have a mental health day, maybe a bubble bath.

Calum comes out of the kitchen.
"Hey Lil I-" he freezes then runs up to me.
"What the fuck happened!?" He demands through gritted teeth cupping the sides of my face.
I can't help it but tears start to fall down my face for the first time since it happened and I try to pull away to hide it from him but he moves his hands to my shoulders and he keeps his grip. "Lillian." He says sternly. "What. Happened."
He asks growing impatient. "I- I was- Ben got mad and-"
"Ben hit you?"
He asks for clarity surprisingly calm. I slowly nod. "That bastard." He mumbles. He immediately lets go and turns to face the kitchen. "Ashton!" He yells marching toward the front door. Ashton walks out of the kitchen "yeah wh- Lilian! what-"
"Car." Is all Calum said while grabbing his keys and throwing open the door. Ash looks at me then at the door before running behind him, rolling up his sleeve and slamming the door behind them.

I stand in the living room and face palm. Damn I didn't mean for that happen. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I just feel like running away everything is too much.
I sigh. I just want to be with Luke. He told me he could be my Sam and Sam who was who I really wanted right now.

I go upstairs to find Luke and hear something from Luke's room when I reach the door. I knit my eye brows together and open his door.
"Hey Luke I-" I freeze.

Luke was sitting on his bed with Aubrey standing in front of him making out.
"Lilian-"