15 • its going to be fine

"Mum!" Luke calls out and echos trough the restaurant when we open the door and a small bell goes off.
It's a cute little downtown pizza place, I like the vibe.
"Liz!" Micheal calls out.
A lady comes around the corner in an apron with flour on it.

"Oh good, you guys I'm short on kitchen staff Ashton I know you don't work back there anymore but do you mind for today?" She asks frantically taking off her apron. Ashton nods and heads in the back.
"Calum open the register, Micheal can you turn on all the signs-
You must me Lillian" she looks to me and smiles.
"You must be Luke's mom" I smile back.
She comes in for a long hug and breaks away.

"I'll have you waiting tables, Luke will show you the ropes today. I have an apron for you in the back" "uh..Liz!" Ashton calls from the back. She turns away running off.

"Is she always this busy?" I ask Luke as we start to walk in the back.
"Pretty much. It's a really popular place. Keeps her busy." He explains.

Eventually all the boys go in the back and get dressed, we wear white button downs and a red apron.

It's slow at the moment so Luke told me to go dry off some cups near the bar area.
"Need help?" Calum comes up from behind me.
"Sure Calum" I say tossing him a rag.
"Listen, I don't know what I said last night when I was drunk, but I really am sorry. I said some messed up things, and I feel so guilty."
He says genuinely.

"It's really ok, I just thought I did something wrong" I say setting down a glass.
"No no, not at all. It was all me." He reassures.
"Lillian can you get table 3!!" Micheal yells.
I set down my rag give calum a reassuring smile and leave.

"So you and Calum are good?" Luke asks as him and I wipe down tables next to each other.
I nod.
"I guess so." I sigh.
"I hope so" He says and goes to another table.

__

"Morning Lillian" Calum chirps when I come down into the kitchen.
I really don't see how four teenage boys can wake up before me every singe day.
"Morning boys. Morning crystal" I say noticing Crystal and Micheal sitting on the counter.

"Lillian you have mail again" Luke says tossing me a letter. Luke is the designated mail boy.
"Hey mum" Luke mumbles picking up his phone.
He quickly changes his demeanor and I notice.
The boys continue their morning conversations but I stare at Luke.
He brings his broad shoulders up, quickly adjusts posture, and knits his eye brows together.

"Um yeah why?" Luke asks slowly. Changing his stance slightly.
"Yeah...Is everything alright?" He asks switching to hold the phone up to his head instead of propping it on his shoulder.
All the boys now look to him.
"Can you just tell me?" He knits his eye brows together more.
"Alright. See you soon, love you."

He slowly hits off and sets his phone on the counter.
"Everything alright mate?" Ashton asks sitting at the table sipping his coffee.
"I think so... she just wants me to stop by with Lilian." The boys look in confusion.
"Lilian? What for?" Ashton asks sipping his coffee.
"I don't know probably a housewarming gift"

We get in his car but before he cranks it I turn to him.
"I'm nervous. Why does she want me?"
He gives a reassuring smile.
"I'm not sure but it's going to be fine ok? Like I said I'm sure it's one of her house warming gifts"
I nod.