21 • like a mother

Working at the pizza restaurant is weird now since everything happened.
It's only my first day back since, but I can tell Luke is frustrated and wants to tell everyone.

But he's being patient, and I've been very thankful.

I take an order at a table, and they have a set of twins. I feel a pain in my chest.
I quickly take their order, gave it to Ashton in the kitchen and run to the back.
I find some crates in a small room in the back and sit on them. I bring my knees to my chest and close my eyes. It was a few minutes until I hear "There you are" I look up and see Calum.

"I saw you taking the order at that table and run off, I figured I'd find you in here" he says softly coming closer and sitting beside me.
"Are you ok?" He eventually asks rubbing my back.
I nod. "I'll be fine. I just needed a second."
I mumble.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. I just needed to be alone to breath"
"Alright, well if you need me just call" he says and gets up. As he reaches the door Luke walks in and glares at Calum as he went out.

"You alright? Are you going to black out? The medicine mum got for you is in the-" Luke starts.
"No Luke, I'm fine." I say standing up.
"I just needed a second" he nods as I come to the door. He grabs me and gives me a hug. He sets his chin on my head, we just stand for a moment before we return to the tables.

"Can somebody get table 8?" Micheal calls across the restaurant. I run over to the table and smile at the young family.
"Hello, how can I help you?" I smile setting down silverware.
"This is such a cute mom and pop shop, do your parents own it?" The mum asks, her American accent evident.
"Well I- yeah, actually, my mum owns it" I stutter.

"Always gets here before me" Luke says from behind me holding menus. I quickly turn around and see him smiling like an idiot as he turns away and walks off.
I think it did him good to hear me say that, I just hope he doesn't get the idea that I'm ready.

The day is almost over, we're cleaning up getting ready to close and all the boys and I are wiping down tables.
"Luke!" I yell from across the room and look up. Everyone looks to me.
"What?" He shrugs.
"Luke, tomorrow is our birthday" I say in realization. He freezes.
"No it's not, our birthdays are the 27th" he eventually says.
"Mate, tomorrow is the 27th" Ashton says walking from a table.

"Shit, you're right" he says running a hand through his hair.
"Geez I completely forgot guys" Micheal says putting his rag up and Ashton does the same.

"Hey, we'll throw a house party!" Calum suggests.
"Yeah! Crystal has a lot of people she can invite too" Micheal says taking off his apron.
"I don't know guys-" I start.
"It'll be great Lillian" Ashton reassures.

We lock up and tell Liz bye, she hugs Luke and I bye before we leave. We all walk back to the Jeep. "Wow I think Liz really likes you Lil"
Micheal says hitting my arm and I sort of tense.
I nod.
"Yeah I guess." I mumble.
"It's like you're the daughter she never had" Ashton jokes and I see Luke bite his lip