Chapter 46

Piper's POV

Leo sure did start a trend of dying and not staying dead. I still can barely wrap my head over him and Jason still being alive, now Percy and Annabeth and Thalia? And Percy is the man in Gold? And Annabeth is being held captive.

It all made me long for the good old days where we were killing things together and we at least knew we could trust each other.

Leo and Jason didn't seem that different from before, but Percy was different. He looked like he had been broken and not fully healed. I couldn't imagine what it was like, knowing you had gotten people you loved killed.

While everyone started talking over rescue plans, I slipped out of the room, needing some space to think.

"Well?" Hazel asked me as I stepped outside. Looking around I saw almost everyone had left, leaving Frank, Hazel and Chiron waiting outside.

What do I say? Three more of our dead friends aren't actually dead? The loyal Percy we remembered was actually one of the Titans we fought?

"We can trust them," I said, unsure what more to say.

"And?" Frank asked. He could tell there was more I wasn't saying.

"They asked me not to say much more, but I think he's going to help us."

"You think?" Hazel asked.

"Well, it's complicated." I said.

"Jessie knew his identity, that Glitter was a camper wasn't he," Chiron said. I wondered if he knew.

"Yes, but please, don't ask me anything else," I said hoping they wouldn't ask anymore questions.

They didn't ask anything else, but Chiron looked upset. Could he already know Glitter was Percy?

Jessie's POV

Percy Jackson, my brother, the one who saved me from monsters and the one responsible for the world falling apart. I kept staring at him unsure what to think.

As Glitter he was this hero who I wanted to please and befriend, but then I found out what he'd done. Is that why he distanced himself from everyone? Because he hasn't been able to forgive himself for what he did?

"What?" He asked after noticing me staring.

"Did you know?" I blurted before realizing what I was saying.

"What?" He asked.

"Did you know we were brothers?" I asked. I hadn't realized it was bothering me so much, but with my mom dead, Percy was the only family I have left.

"So you know," He said as he studied me. "I had my suspicions, and then Chaos confirmed it when I tried to convince him to take you with the campers."

"You talked to Chaos?" Thalia said, or at least I think that's what the others called her.

Percy grimaced as if the memory wasn't pleasant, "Yeah, he found me a few years ago, trying to convince me to join his army, but I turned him down. I visited him shortly after Jessie wound up with me. I had hoped he would take him off my hands, but he insisted I keep him."

"Keep me? Like I'm a stray dog or something?" I asked getting annoyed. He had known I was his brother and he had wanted to get rid of me.

"I wanted to be on my own," Percy said, "The last thing I needed was a little kid underfoot."

"Is that all I was then? Simply a nuisance? Just something in your way, does family mean nothing to you?" I asked angrily.

"Don't talk to me about family," He growled. "I had a brother once; I don't need another one." I felt the room starting to shake.

"How about we just calm down and focus on the current problem, saving Annabeth," Thalia said nervously, like she was scared of something Percy might do.

"Well Gaea wants me, so let's use me," Percy said, turning his attention back to the others.

It took some arguing but eventually they settled on a plan, hopefully it would work. The sooner we took down Gaea the sooner this will be over.