Chapter 12

Percy's POV

My immediate thought when I saw people running around covered in chocolate and yogurt was, hey, this would be a great time to attack. Then I noticed Grover. If I was going to convince Kronos to attack camp, I wanted Grover out. He was the only one left that had been there for me. After everything he'd done for me, the least I could do was save him and his family. When he told me that Juniper and the kids had already left, I saw my chance. I pulled him into the woods and created a portal to Mount Othrys, where the Titans have been living for a few days now.

There were a few surprised looks from the cyclops and minor titans, and more than a few dirty looks from the minotaur. He still doesn't trust me, and I can't blame him. If some 12-year-old had killed me with my own horn, I would be mad for a few centuries too. Though if I had horns, I think I would have bigger problems than a 12-year-old.

"I knew it!" Grover exclaimed as he got to his feet. After a quick look around the realization of where he was dawned on him. He turned back to me and spat his next words out," I knew you were working for Kronos. Well, what do you want from me? Whatever it is, I refuse, I will never betray my camp!"

"Grover calm down! Wait a minute! I'm not going to torture you!" I whispered furiously in his ear," Just play along with it."

He kept glaring at me, but mostly calmed down after that. I started walking towards Kronos's throne room, dragging Grover along with me. One of the guards standing in front of the room stepped in front of me to bar the way.

"Who are you? What do you want with Lord Kronos?" He asked pointing his sword at me.

"Really James, you don't recognize me? I'm hurt. Let me in, I have to talk to Kronos about the attack," I said knocking his sword out of his hands and pushing past him.

"What is the meaning of this?" Kronos shrieked as I barreled into the room.

"Sorry to bother you, but I had some information I thought might interest you," I announced.

"Oh, it you," He said as he recognized me," Is the goat important?"

"He's my problem, I'll take care of him," I could feel Grover stiffen at my words. Poor thing, he probably thought I meant death. Which I had hopped Kronos would think so I could get Grover to safety.

"I thought it might interest you to know that now would be the best time to attack. The campers are blaming each other for a massive prank that was pulled on them. They are all covered in paint, or worse, if you were to attack you could probably wipe out at least half of them before they regrouped and were ready to fight. Your only problem would be the Chaos army, which would be easier to focus on without all the pesky kids."

"Very well, you are right," He told me before yelling," Guards, get the army ready. Today we will have our victory, and the world will be ours!"

I decided that now was the best time to leave. I created a portal to Kansas. I didn't care where, just somewhere away from Mount Othrys and camp, but hopefully somewhere safe and familiar to Grover.

As soon as we landed, I released him.

"What are you going to do? How are you going to kill me?" He asked as he stood up.

I looked into his eyes, I saw that he truly thought I was going to kill him, and that hurt. Before I could think about it, I removed my disguise.

Grover stared at me for a few minutes before whispering," Who are you?"

"You know who I am, G-Man." I assured him.

"No, you're not. Percy's dead, and even if he was alive, he would never, never, help Kronos," He shouted at me.

"Grover, your right, Percy Jackson is dead. I don't know who I am anymore. I just know I can't forgive the Gods. I don't care what Kronos will do. I just want the Gods and that wretched camp destroyed," I glared at an innocent ant, though who knows, maybe he had stolen someone's food and deserved the glare.

"You can't be Percy, his fatal flaw was loyalty, he would never betray the Gods, and he wouldn't even think of betraying his camp!"

" Yeah, his fatal flaw was loyalty, he was too loyal to his camp, he was too loyal to his friends, he was too loyal to his girlfriend, to even think the Gods were wrong. Even after getting kidnapped and almost dying so many times, I fought for the Gods. I should have started questioning them, wasn't it interesting that the son of the God that hated me the most killed my girlfriend, after years of ignoring us? That kid probably didn't choose to do it. Percy Jackson was loyal to the Gods, who hurt innocent people, harmed their own children, and countless other things. Maybe Luke was right when he said the world needs new Gods," I ranted.

"Answer me this, if you are Percy, then how are you alive? I remember Thalia carrying your body into camp. I remember holding your lifeless body before it was burned. How can you be alive now?" Grover asked, and I could tell he was close to tears. All his friends had left him, and now someone he was fighting was claiming to be his best friend who was dead.

"Kronos and Gaia brought me back to fight for them. I accepted," I answered.

"But why? Why not go to Elysium? Why not go be with Annabeth?" He asked creeping closer.

"You think after all that I've done I would be allowed into Elysium? I didn't want to go to the field of punishment, so I decided to do the second thing on my list, get revenge."

"But, why Percy? What happened to you? The old you would never do this!" Grover pleaded with me.

"I told you, Percy Jackson is dead, I don't know who I am now, I just know I don't work for the Gods, and I don't work for the Titans, I work for myself,"

"Percy, be careful, don't change into a monster," Grover said as he started to turn away.

"Grover, just promise me this one thing. Don't go back to camp. Go find Juniper, prepare for the new life that's about to start," I pleaded before he could leave.

He turned to look at me and said," Goodbye Percy, I don't know about you, but I'm not going to abandon a bunch of innocent children that are about to be killed."

"Goodbye Grover, " I said to his back as he walked away, toward a fight where he would probably die if he made it in time.