Chapter 9

Piper's POV

"Attention, Attention!" Chiron called out over the noise of many people talking.

The campers all shut up immediately, but the soldiers decided to finish their conversations.

"You done?" Clarisse growled at the group.

One of the taller soldiers answered, the other co-commander I think, and I swear I heard him smirk," Not quite, Diana and I are in the middle of an conversation, but I guess if this meeting is so important, we can finish later."

Clarisse started to reach for her spear but stopped fortunately when I started talking," Let's get to the point of this meeting. We have an enemy, an enemy that wants to destroy us. Apparently, Chaos thinks we cannot defeat this monster on our own. Tell me, what is so special about this one?"

"First, we would like to know how you found out about the new threat," The girl commander, Danielle or whatever, replied.

At this Hazel stood up. Sighing she launched into a summary of what happened, " A few weeks ago, Camp Jupiter was attacked. In the fighting we lost half of our numbers while the enemy kept getting stronger. Frank and I gave the order to retreat. We wanted to save as many lives as we could. Once the citizens of New Rome had fled, we followed through a secret exit. We made it here and warned them."

"Good that means we have more numbers, but sleeping quarters must suck," one of the soldiers said.

After a minute of digesting the new information, the male commander spoke up," The new threat is Kronos and Gaia. Last time they tried to rise you had two demigods, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. This time however you don't. If the two threats were separate, you might stand a chance. This time however, we had to step in."

We all just stared at him. What was he saying? Gaia was rising again, and that Kronos guy? I'd heard stories about the second Titan war, that and Gaia together? We're doomed.

"Who are you?" A daughter of Hecate asked.

I didn't know what good knowing his name would do us. Maybe the poor girl was trying to get away from the subject of our impending doom. Why, I have no clue, it is after all such a cheerful topic, especially for dinner parties I've discovered.

"I'm Archí, any more questions?" The commander, Archí, answered.

"No?" Archí asked a last time, "Okay then, tomorrow everyone will receive a new schedule. My soldiers and I will begin training you. Don't argue, in order to win you need to learn how to fight, really fight."

Everyone grumbled as they left the Big House, but no one complained loud enough to hear. I guess we all know that this war will be different, and we needed all the help we can get.

Percy's POV

"They are in a meeting you say?" Kronos asked. His rasping voice hurt my ears.

"Yes, and I should get back soon. People might wonder if I miss campfire," I said trying to get him to dismiss me. The less time I have to spend with him the better.

After dinner the soldiers, counselors, centurions, and other important people, had headed towards the Big House. I went for a walk. When I was sure that no one was watching me, I teleported to Kronos's throne room on Mount Orthys. I had just finished telling him about the soldiers arriving.

"We should attack soon. A handful of soldiers will be difficult, but not impossible. If the demigods get trained however, it becomes nearly impossible. You will have to target them, get rid of them, while my soldiers demolish the demigods," He ordered.

I was glad to know I wouldn't be responsible for killing innocent kids. Some days I regretted joining Kronos. I wanted revenge on the Gods, but those kids never did anything wrong to me.

"Percy! Are you listening?" Kronos's voice startled me out of my thoughts. He continued when he saw that he had my attention, "You are dismissed."

Bowing, I teleported out of there. I hate that guy, I can barely stand to be around him, forget pretending to be a loyal servant. I was not Luke. I would never be like him. Once the gods are defeated, I will find a way to get rid of the Titans. And I will not die in the process, I can't.

I sighed. That was the problem, I can never die now. I can never join my WiseGirl in Elysium. I just hope she is happy and will move on.

I walked into my cabin and laid down on my bed. I waited for sleep to come. Sleep was my best friend lately. When you're asleep you don't have to think. You can live in an alternate reality. No one will notice me missing from campfire. I have no friends in this life, I'm alone.