Chapter 40

Luke's POV

Shortly after Thalia and I got back I called Chaos, or tried to, he didn't answer.

"What do we do?" Thalia asked me. I didn't know. Who would have claimed all the demigods if they weren't their parents?

"Call a meeting," I decided. "We need to discuss this as a group before we inform the campers. But we should tell Chiron to spread the word about a meeting. You get the campers I'll inform Chiron."

After telling Chiron to prepare for an important meeting in about an hour, I returned to the cabin and saw everyone ready in the living area. Well almost everyone, I didn't see Leo yet, and still no Annabeth.

"Where's Leo?" I asked. Hoping we weren't missing another soldier.

"He's fast asleep and we couldn't wake him, we tried everything," Jason said.

"Well, I guess he could be informed later," I said as I sat down, "We have bigger problems. Chaos was right to be concerned. The Gods have not returned."

"What?" Selena asked, "But everyone was claimed!"

"Who could have done that but the Gods?" Rocky asked.

"We don't know," Thalia answered, "But chances are its nothing good, considering our luck. We have to be wary and wait."

"Wait? What are we sitting ducks?" Zoë asked.

"No –" I started to say before Leo ran in.

"Annabeth's in trouble! We're all in trouble!" He said.

Jason's POV

No, she couldn't be back. After everything we went through to put her back down? And now she's back again?

"Are you sure?" Zoë asked, "Could it have just been a regular nightmare because we're all worried about Annabeth?"

"I know her when I see her, it was not my imagination," Leo said defensively.

I looked at Thalia, "We have to face it, Gaea's back, could she have the power to claim kids?"

"But why would she do that?" Bianca asked.

"Distraction? It gives the campers a false sense of security that everything is okay. The Gods are back so they shouldn't worry, I'd have done the same thing if I was her," Luke said.

No one responded to that. We all knew he still hadn't forgiven himself for the part he played in the first Titan War. He blamed himself for so many deaths.

Thalia reached out and put a hand on his shoulder before turning to address the others, "He's right, it's a distraction. We need to tell the campers immediately. Leo was there anything else she said?"

"I don't remember anything else."

"Okay then, lets crush some demigod morale, Thalia said as she led the way out of the cabin. 

Piper's POV

I couldn't believe what the Chaos soldiers were saying. Gaea was alive? How was that possible? Leo died to stop her! And now he's dead again. And Leo, Percy, Annabeth. How are we going stop her without them?

"And you're sure of this?" Chiron asked one of the commanders, Diana, I think.

All the head counselors and the remaining Roman officers had gathered for this meeting in the new Big House, at least that's what everyone was calling it even though it wasn't much bigger than a couple cabins put together.

"Unfortunately, 100 %," She replied.

"Last time it took seven of us on a quest to defeat them and a whole lot of help, how are we going to defeat her now?" Hazel asked.

"You've got us," one of the Chaos soldiers replied, I didn't remember his name.

"Someone we barely know, and we've never even actually seen, how is that supposed to give us hope?" Frank asked the soldier.

"May I?" The soldier asked Diana, she thought about it and nodded her head yes.

He reached up and took his mask off and I felt something cold on my hand as I looked down to see my drink spilling out as I crushed the plastic cup in my hand. How the Hades was he alive?